Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GJM and DPP

GJM and DPP

My good buddy GJM just called me, sounding slightly disgusted. He had a 600 round training session and broke another Deltapoint Pro. Dot's dead. He is driving home as this post is coming up so at the moment he is totally defenseless against this merciless trolling.

By my count, this is the sixth DPP that he broke. He keeps using them because there is nothing better for Carry Optics and he can afford a dozen of them, so that's not the question. The question is: why do you all think he's so toxic to these optics?
    DPP is not perfect but nobody has had them fail at this rate.

Have at this, see what we can come with. I have my theory. Posted in the "General" to allow both serious discussion and some levity. Maybe even some nudity.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

He's using the gear- that's the problem. Instead, he should be leaving his stuff in the safe, and spend his time arguing teh superiories of his current choices like everyone else.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

You sound like the old YVK. Remember, today you got the news that your son is finally out of medical school and off your payroll, so you have money for more than one Delta Point Pro of your own.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    The question is: why do you all think he's so toxic to these optics?
    DPP is not perfect but nobody has had them fail at this rate.

Have at this, see what we can come with. I have my theory. Posted in the "General" to allow both serious discussion and some levity. Maybe even some nudity.
    Because he uses them. Too many shooting related products take advantage of the fact that most shooters put a box or two through a gun and declare it ready for real life. True vetting is a rare and wonderful thing.

Acute Enel Syndrome.

He knows a good blow will disable the [PPQ/DPP/whatever] but dammit it works so well all the other times...

My sweat is very acidic. I look at a blued gun and it will rust. I’m going with the theory that he emits a corrosive magnetic field that is destroying the electronics.
    Last edited by LSP552; 03-12-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    My sweat is very acidic. I look at a blued gun and it will rust. I’m going with the theory that he emits a corrosive magnetic field that is destroying the electronics.
    Maybe it’s really a GEN five trigger problem that has metastasized up through the optic plate to the Delta Point Pro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've tolerance exactly for one DPP, the one that I have now. As I said in the 19X thread, if it dies, I am getting an FDE RMR. I'll suck at CO anyway, might as well no worry about my blood pressure going up on account of optic going down every week.

Don't matter if Jr. is done with school, if he is off my back, or if he suddenly decided to pay me back for Harvard. All I am trying to do here is to get a p-f collective mind to deal with this pervasive problem for you. I mean, if SFOD-D [allegedly] used DPP, there has to be an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I think you're on to something. Dot isn't broken, just hiding. Been stared down for the umpteenth time.

Whatever he has, it may be contagious. I've just broken my third RMR in as many weeks.

I'm going to bleach this laptop after this post. Can't be too careful.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List