Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Drinking while carrying: practical realities?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The anti-gun misinformation mill called the Violence Policy Center.

Thanks.
    Makes more sense now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Okay- completely missing context here... VPC is... what?
    The VPC is the Violence Policy Center. It maintains a database of killers who purportedly have a CCW license. The VPC trots out the list to "prove" that laws permitting concealed carry are bad because it increases risk to the public.

The database is a joke. It included (when I reviewed it) people who had a license to own a gun (as opposed to carry). It had people who killed by strangling other people. It had suicides. It had murders committed at home. These kinds of killings have no relevance as to whether a person lawfully carrying a concealed weapon in public poses a threat to others.

But, reading through the database was useful because alcohol was a common factor for both deaths at home and in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    The VPC is the Violence Policy Center. It maintains a database of killers who purportedly have a CCW license. The VPC trots out the list to "prove" that laws permitting concealed carry are bad because it increases risk to the public.

The database is a joke. It included (when I reviewed it) people who had a license to own a gun (as opposed to carry). It had people who killed by strangling other people. It had suicides. It had murders committed at home. These kinds of killings have no relevance as to whether a person lawfully carrying a concealed weapon in public poses a threat to others.

But, reading through the database was useful because alcohol was a common factor for both deaths at home and in public.
    What's all that got to do with having a drink while carrying?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Back when I was young and dumb, I once drove a 1 hour commute, worked a 12 hour day, drove another 1 hour commute, then loaded my car and left on a nonstop drive from Florida to Wisconsin.
    I don't know how I survived driving through Atlanta at 3am, because I would nod off, wake up, avoid some disaster, and nod off again. I finally stopped for coffee, then didn't stop for a nap until I got to Tennessee. Stupid, stupid, stupid!
    I tend to hallucinate when I get too tired. I used to drive home to my mom's house in Omaha from Fort Carson and on a few occasions I started hallucinating semi trucks that weren't there.

Once in Germany I was driving an M110A2 SP Howitzer in blackout drive after 3 days with no sleep and I hallucinated an infantry platoon in the road and slammed on the breaks. My section sergeant was less than pleased with my performance

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What's all that got to do with having a drink while carrying?
    I read a lot of incident reports about dead people who were killed by people who had consumed alcohol. The dead people killed by people who had imbibed alcohol incidents included persons who were carrying concealed weapons (albeit, a small portion of the incidents). The dead people killed by people who had imbibed alcohol incidents were a large fraction of the VPC's database. I concluded guns and alcohol don't mix, including having a drink while carrying. It was not VPC's intended point. I concluded VPC's intended point was unsupported by their data.

I read a lot of incident reports about dead people who were killed by people who had consumed alcohol. The dead people killed by people who had imbibed alcohol incidents included persons who were carrying concealed weapons (albeit, a small portion of the incidents). The dead people killed by people who had imbibed alcohol incidents were a large fraction of the VPC's database. I concluded guns and alcohol don't mix, including having a drink while carrying. It was not VPC's intended point. I concluded VPC's intended point was unsupported by their data.
    Hmmm. Murderers drinking doesn't seem too terribly useful to us.

Well, I'm pretty sure if businesses and municipalities would post signs stating that murderers are prohibited from carrying firearms while drinking alcoholic beverages it would help reduce the crime rate exponentially.

/s
    There's nothing civil about this war.

They were not killers before imbibing alcohol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They were not killers before imbibing alcohol.
    I see where you're trying to take that but I'm not sure you can get there from here.

I see where you're trying to take that but I'm not sure you can get there from here.
    Given the amount of confusion my prior posts have caused, I doubt it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

User Tag List