Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock Sights Fell Out

PensFan
    It’s not the dovetail. It’s the sight.

Personally I only run sights with set screws on fighting guns. I put a small dot of thin leather down in the hole and then tighten down the set screw. A trick I learned some time ago. Never loctite a small set screw. In a pinch I’ve cut small piece of wood from a q-tip or toothpick with good results when no leather is around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    It’s not the dovetail. It’s the sight.

Personally I only run sights with set screws on fighting guns. I put a small dot of thin leather down in the hole and then tighten down the set screw. A trick I learned some time ago. Never loctite a small set screw. In a pinch I’ve cut small piece of wood from a q-tip or toothpick with good results when no leather is around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Why no loctite?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

PensFan
    I don't like Loctite on small set screws in general. When people crank them down and add loctite I've seen more than a few allen wrenches round out the set screw hole. Naturally, heating them up helps with removal. Soaking in hot water can work though. Especially when tritium vials are involved.

The method I mention above has never failed me. The leather acts as a buffer and does a great job holding the set screw in place. Plus you don't mar the slide.

I like set screws but a lot of the sights I like, AmeriGlo Bold for example, don’t have screws.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I like set screws but a lot of the sights I like, AmeriGlo Bold for example, don’t have screws.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    I’ve actually thought of drilling and tapping my Ameriglo Hack rears for a setscrew.

Following the discussion.

After my last range visit, my Ameriglo front sight on my G19.5 was a bit loose. I had put the sight on myself.

I just addd a bit more blue Loctite and cranked on the Glock tool with a bit more enthusiasm than I had previously.

You guys do anything different for Glock front sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Following the discussion.

After my last range visit, my Ameriglo front sight on my G19.5 was a bit loose. I had put the sight on myself.

I just addd a bit more blue Loctite and cranked on the Glock tool with a bit more enthusiasm than I had previously.

You guys do anything different for Glock front sights?
    I always use red loctite on front sights. I generally replace the screw as well any time i move a front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I always use red loctite on front sights. I generally replace the screw as well any time i move a front sight.
    Thanks. Truth be told I wasn’t sure this was ‘the’ sight, but now I’m sure so I’ll hit it with Red. Also will order a bag o screws from Brownells (I guess?).

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks. Truth be told I wasn’t sure this was ‘the’ sight, but now I’m sure so I’ll hit it with Red. Also will order a bag o screws from Brownells (I guess?).
    I would contact Ameriglo for the screw. Unless you go WAAAYYY overboard with the red, it will be removable.

Site Supporter
    I also use red loctite in front sight screws. Permanent loctite is not as permanent as the word would lead you to believe.

I ave not had a problem with any rear sights moving, but I do not move sights from gun to gun. I install them, and leave them alone until it is time to replace them with something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List