Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock Sights Fell Out

I’ll try the aluminum idea first. If that doesn’t work, I’ll peen the sight. I feel stupid for not thinking of the aluminum shim thing. I just shimmed a rear sight on a SIRT pistol because it was too loose.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I fixed one (a dovetailed front sight) by creating half a dozen "dimples" on the under side of the sight with a hardened, sharp pointed punch and some high-strength Loctite. Been almost 2 years and it hasn't moved.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I've peened several Ameriglo rears, all I-Dot Pros IIRC, when moving them from one gun to another. They tolerated the impact fine.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I've peened several Ameriglo rears, all I-Dot Pros IIRC, when moving them from one gun to another. They tolerated the impact fine.
    I’m feeling 14 today, and can’t read your first sentance without giggling.

I would not consider this acceptable in any of my pistols and would get a new rear sight. I also personally like my rear sights to have set screws. I wish more sights had front sight set screws for guns with dovetail front sights.

If a rear sight doesn’t stay in place, I switch sights. That’s just me, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always cringe when I see used rear pistol sights for sale on the forum.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I always cringe when I see used rear pistol sights for sale on the forum.
    Agreed. Dovetail sights are single use items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reinstalled the rear sight using an aluminum soda can shim last night. It seems to be on there solidly for now. If the sight ends up sliding out of the dovetail again, I’ll try the peening method.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Did anyone else just have a Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance flashback?
    Ha ha, yeah thats the part of the book I remember the most for some reason. Probably because of my amusement at the other motorcyclist's inability to process the aluminum can shim concept.

I know a couple guys like that.

User Tag List