Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Sights Fell Out

Glock Sights Fell Out

So I was shooting my G26 today and after about 150 rounds the rear sight slid out. It’s the rear from a set of AmeriGlo Bold sights. It now completely slides out with finger pressure from left to right.

I originally got the sights about a year ago and mounted them to a G19. I recently removed them from the G19 to put them on this G26. I used a sight pusher each time and never filed anything.

I pushed the sight back in and put some blue loctite on it but that’s not a long term solution. What should I do? I haven’t had this happen before. Should I contact AmeriGlo?

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 03-11-2018 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Sometimes sights don’t like being moved from one gun to another. If the dovetail from the last one is a little tighter then the new one it may not work. That’s probably the case with yours. You could try getting a hammer and center punch and peen the dovetail on the sight.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Sometimes sights don’t like being moved from one gun to another. If the dovetail from the last one is a little tighter then the new one it may not work. That’s probably the case with yours. You could try getting a hammer and center punch and peen the dovetail on the sight.
    When you say peen the dovetail, do you mean displace metal to make it a little larger so it fits tighter?

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    When you say peen the dovetail, do you mean displace metal to make it a little larger so it fits tighter?

–————————————————
    Yes.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

–————————————————

Had the same issue on with a Shield front sight. I was at the range and noticed my shots were way left. Upon inspection the front sight was very loose. I took it off, used a spring loaded punch and did it in five places (each corner and one in the center) now its stays in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

A short strip of aluminum (dovetail sized) cut from a drink can makes a great shim for loose sights that does not alter the dovetail for any other correctly sized sights that may be installed later.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    A short strip of aluminum (dovetail sized) cut from a drink can makes a great shim for loose sights that does not alter the dovetail for any other correctly sized sights that may be installed later.

Gringop
    I’d be more inclined to try this before peening the sight dovetail - tritium vials usually don’t react well to impact vibration.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Did anyone else just have a Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance flashback?
    I really need to finish that book.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

This happened to me recently on my G17 with Dawson Charger rear. I was very careful to install the sight "correctly" according to Dave Dawson's video. Granted it took 10k-20k rounds for this to happen, but it still doesn't sit well with me. I reinstalled with red loctite on the set screw and the base of the sight. So far so good, but we'll see in another 10k+ rounds.

User Tag List