Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glock Sights Fell Out

PensFan
    red loctite for front screws. De-grease the sight and screw first. less than a drop.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the input.

I will reinstall with Red here shortly. The 0.180" front has worked out very well for me so I'd like to lock it down (hah! See what I did there? ) as "the" sight for this gun.

For those of you that haven't made up their mind yet concerning the best method, let me just offer this:

Clean all of your working surfaces with acetone first. Only use high strength Red (271) on the bottom of the sight and the tenon. Use medium strength Blue (242) on the screw threads.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Has anyone used VC-3 instead of Loctite?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    A short strip of aluminum (dovetail sized) cut from a drink can makes a great shim for loose sights that does not alter the dovetail for any other correctly sized sights that may be installed later.

Gringop
    I've also used this method before on an older 226. Worked well and didn't require any permanent mods. In this case however (e.g., newer sights and what might be a carry pistol), I recommend contacting Ameriglo. My experience with their customer service has been 100% positive and impressive.

User Tag List