Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Duplicate duty pistols?

Only by circumstance. I personally dropped M&P's for Glocks long before I was hired at a place that ended up doing the same.

My main range 17/old USPSA gun is only different from my work 17 in that it had adjustable Dawsons instead of the Chargers, and my work gun has less then 1k on it, while the range gun has 30k+.

If work went to some stupid gun, I wouldnt buy a spare.
    Blue Bullets Team dude

I have an identical to my issued duty pistol. I use it for practice and demoing when running the range so I don't have to constantly clean my duty pistol to meet department regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    so I don't have to constantly clean my duty pistol to meet department regulations.
    What does that mean?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Unfamiliar with his employer, but policies mandating completely clean weapons for duty use are not uncommon.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    What does that mean?
    My department, by regulation, requires all issued pistols and department weapons to be cleaned after firing and other conditions.

I'm on military leave for long term orders (stateside) just bought a police trade in of my duty pistol (Sig 229 DAK). Ill have to requalify as soon as I am back so seemed like a good idea.

With the rules for USCG LEOs, I don't have access to my duty gun unless I'm about to go on an LE operation.

I bought a P229-40-DAK for dry fire and training (which I need to do more). If I was local LE I'd have a copy of my duty gun for the same reason. We're supposedly going to the M17, so I'll pick one up as soon as it's available commercially.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Unfamiliar with his employer, but policies mandating completely clean weapons for duty use are not uncommon.
    It's a good idea anyways. We had a shooting where 9 or 10 officers fired rounds. Everyone at the scene got their guns checked. There were a couple guys that roped themselves into the investigation by not having guns that were clean or dusty enough to exclude them from them as having discharged their weapons. Either completely clean or dust bunnies in the barrel.
    Last edited by txdpd; 04-13-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

An FBI friend says he may only shoot issued ammunition in his issued pistol. So he has a duplicate for shooting more than agency training and qualification.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I think is the reason that @Matt Little doesn't shoot awesome Berettas and keeps running that Austrian trash...

User Tag List