Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Police Documentary: "Flint Town"

I watched the first couple of episodes last night and I’m hooked. That’s a completely different environment from where I work and I’m fascinated. I will be watching the entire series.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I enjoyed it. It was like watching a real life version of The Wire. Corruption, broke city, worn out burned out cops, murder, broke down police cars, internal politics, chiefs getting fired, people not getting promotions they thought they were getting.

The armed citizen patrol was interesting. Here it's just unarmed old people driving around with flashlights and hi viz vests.

Very interesting, Flint turned into a shit hole when GM fell, and will never be the same. I am really surprised they are even able to staff a PD. My utmost respect to all officers, but why would anyone ever want to sign up?

Damn you guys. Who needs sleep anyway?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Started watching this little by little last week or so, and have been enjoying it for sure. I grew up in East Lansing, and spent time in Flint throughout the '80's-90's for swim meets, and don't remember it as what it is today. For the most part, from what I can see through the show, the officers who are featured seem like good folks who care about the job and doing it right...which is surprising in a way given the other circumstances (understaffed, lower pay, worse area, etc). Good show.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

We'll probably finish it this evening. Been an interesting ride along for sure...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Based on advice from PF members, watched Episodes 1 and 2 last night. Excellent! Will certainly watch all of it. And I had just finished watching all three seasons of Narcos on NetFlix. Great stuff!! Any future viewing recommendations will be appreciated.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Finished it last night, I can't wait for the next season...
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Finished it last night, I can't wait for the next season...
    Oh, there's more?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Oh, there's more?
    I believe there will be in the future
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List