Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Police Documentary: "Flint Town"

Netflix Police Documentary: "Flint Town"

Great documentary.

Granted, I wasn't a LEO when I lived/worked in a decayed industrial city (I was an EMT, same sandbox, different job). Still, watching this documentary brought back a lot of memories and emotions, especially given the married couple working the same department, which is how my wife and I met as well. She even switched trucks to work my last shift with me before I started my current job. The dynamics of a corrupt city government, underfunded public safety services, community that hates you no matter what you do, and making shit pay. You kind of feel like you get sucked into a vortex at some point. When I started my current job, our class coordinator told us to "remember the mill" from which we came, and this documentary really did that.

As for my current job, I have a very different perspective than these guys. My only exposure to neighborhoods like these are field interviews or warrant service, and always with the right equipment and ample amount of manpower. We don't live in it all shift long, day-in/day-out like these guys (or some of you here).

Anyway, thought I'd mention the documentary to everyone here.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Excellent documentary. SO has been watching this, and I have glanced at it wandering through the living room. I am in the process of sitting down and watching it start-to-finish.

Why those folks continue to show up for work is lost on me some time. The world is a better place for them.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Why those folks continue to show up for work is lost on me some time. The world is a better place for them.
    I'm amazed they have any cops left. There is a constant threat of layoff and shit pay for the area. A Flint cop with 4 years on will make $46,500/yr while a nearby Grand Blanc cop with 4 years on will make $57,000/yr. Those dudes must feel a calling to work in that area.

I was just siting here trying to find something on Netflix to watch, I guess I found it.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Excellent. I just watched the whole thing.

Netflix finally made a documentary that wasn't a steaming pile? That's impressive.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Great documentary and despite the monster issues these guys have, they have some great street cops at work here. Very much worth your time.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

We are into EP6 and it has struck us as very well done.

If you haven't started it yet, pay really close attention to the younger female officer, Bridgette, when she makes a solo stop and talk with a potential suspect on foot. This happens in ep 1 I think. The body language, the way she frisks the guy without being overt or hostile towards him; it's really impressive. I'd like to see someone well versed in cues and psychology like @SouthNarc or William Aprill do a play by play of that.

There are some impressive humans working that terrible beat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adding to my list to watch when the wife is working...

We watched the first episode last night. Excellent. Will be watching the rest over the coming days.

Those officers have my respect.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List