Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shockwave shooting high

Shockwave shooting high

I even put an xs front sight on it. It's manageable just curious on what you do to mitigate it.
    Attachment 24339
    Federals deep penatrator was just a little high which is nice.

I found that if I aim with a 6 o'clock hold and just have the top half of the xs bead visible it's only a little high with buck.

I was getting some good patterns.

15 yards with federals low recoil 9 pellet flight control

25 feet with supema 00, 2 shots

15 yards Hornadys #4 vesatite buck

Then at 25 yards aiming at the tip of his beard
    Last edited by 03RN; 03-10-2018 at 04:38 AM.

Another 50 rounds of slugs has me feeling more confident. I just need to burry the bead.

At 25 yards I only dropped 2 off my target
    Attachment 24348
    Last edited by 03RN; 03-10-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    In 18 and 20 inch security shotguns 12 ga buckshot will print high. I learned this fact years ago when trainers on a large state range pointed it out. Reason given was recoil causing the barrel to rise rapidly. I've never noticed the low recoil buckshot variety printing high. The state issued 870's by the 1000s. Then, the armorers had attended Remington's armorer's course at the factory. They were taught to correct point of impact problems by slightly bending the magazine tube. Once bent, when the barrel was installed back into the gun, it followed the mag tube's position. S&W taught a similar procedure to adjust point of impact on model 65's. They used lead bars.

To answer the op's question, I explained what has been done in the past to correct 870 problems. But I'm not recommending this method. I think that his solution with a higher sight will work nicely.

Rmrs are on sale for $325 at Cabela's. Sign up with active junky and get %10 back.

A scalarworks mount is on order as well.

If it doesn't markedly help I'll put it on one of my stocked 590s

Thank you!

Boughten.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Make sure you are holding it at eye level and parallel to the ground. It's easy to just see the bead and pull the trigger when the back end is low. That sends your hits high.

Mario

Site Supporter
    Did the RMR help? I am having the same issue. I did however put a brace on it, but it is to the point where my head is so low I can barely see it. I don't really want to put an RMR on it as it will mostly be a kick around the house gun and occasional fun range toy. If there was another sight that might help I would gladly try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I posted this in the other thread, so I'll post it here too.

That's a great price! Here's a link to the sale: https://www.cabelas.com/product/TRIJ...HT/2047219.uts

Use discount code FREESHIP to get free shipping too!
    Sold Out.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Did the RMR help? I am having the same issue. I did however put a brace on it, but it is to the point where my head is so low I can barely see it. I don't really want to put an RMR on it as it will mostly be a kick around the house gun and occasional fun range toy. If there was another sight that might help I would gladly try it.
    It helped 100% I hate Kentucky windage. I can now aim and know exactly where the round is going. It's fast, rugged, and as low profile as you can go.

User Tag List