Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trade offs between sights and trigger

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hey, damn iPad spelling.

My G5/34 was shooting 1.5 inches right at 30 yards this afternoon with my AE 115 match load, and I went home got the MGW tool, tweaked the rear sight a touch left, and returned to the range to verify zero.
    MGW Gunsmith Grade Tool FTW! Best $300 I've spent.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    MGW Gunsmith Grade Tool FTW! Best $300 I've spent.
    Agreed......the money I have spent on MGW tools (Rangemaster and about ten different slide plates as well as a dedicated 30 degree Glock pusher with the 43/42 slide plates) has been well worth it. It's funny how when you get set up with the right tool for the job, more and more friends fall out of the sky needing sights pushed or exchanged. I also bought a off brand waterproof protective case with the foam stuff in it and now drag all that MGW hardware with me on each range trip.

I am about five months into my "reset button" as a shooter and I vowed to shoot five cases minimum in a year's time. Over that year, I have come to the conclusion that for me, shooting is 70 percent trigger manipulation and 30 percent sight alignment. At 48, the sights are blurry anyway and I was afraid my shooting was going to suffer.

So I went back to basics and started really diving into why I missed to the left....pretty much always. I never threw shots to the right (right hand shooter) so I dived into trigger press and focus.

So now, five months later and about 3k worth of ammo, I'm shooting tighter groups than ever before at 25 and 50. Bang my steel more at 100 than ever before.

And interestingly enough, I had to push most of my sights back towards center the more I corrected my trigger press.

I can't make my eyes younger......but I can continue to work on that trigger press......because in my mind, there's still much work to be done.

Regards.
    Last edited by lwt16; 03-16-2018 at 06:39 AM.

User Tag List