Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Px4 Sub Compact is becoming my DA/SA Glock 26/27

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Unfortunately not. It is over 10 years old.
    Man, bummer, sorry! Maybe call and see if they will do anything to support you? Trade in discount, coupon, sweater?

Consolation prize?

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Man, bummer, sorry! Maybe call and see if they will do anything to support you? Trade in discount, coupon, sweater?
    My wife has moved to a PX4 Compact 40 caliber to replace the remaining SubCompact for EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    My wife has moved to a PX4 Compact 40 caliber to replace the remaining SubCompact for EDC.
    Sweet move, but I think I'd still check in with them, give them the details. My SC lives with my daughter who shot it really well, fell in love with it and owns it. Will have to see if she is keeping a round count and definitely inspect it at the next opportunity. No tell tale signs or symptoms prior to the fail?

No bread crumbs

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Sweet move, but I think I'd still check in with them, give them the details. My SC lives with my daughter who shot it really well, fell in love with it and owns it. Will have to see if she is keeping a round count and definitely inspect it at the next opportunity. No tell tale signs or symptoms prior to the fail?
    The last couple of years Beretta has not been as cooperative with things that break. They blame it on the customer or accuse you of trying to do it on purpose.

Although the 50,000 round endurance test run on a full size PX4 by Ernest Langdon was an excellent adventure with good results, it started the service department accusing people of imitating that and trying to break their PX4s or other pistols as a claim of an endurance test.

I have heard other reports of the same characteristic being expressed.

Either way, this pistol was over 10 years old before we received it, though it had barely been shot at all.

There were no bread crumbs or telltale signs of stress in that area or anything that would tell us this might be ready to happen. The lines on the side of the locking mechanism that I reported earlier in this thread did not get worse and were not attached to this incident.

Considering the current cost of ammo, 30k rounds ($9,000) through a carry pistol is probably far beyond what ordinary people will put through it in a lifetime. Still a top notch pistol for ordinary folk in which its a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by star-dot-star View Post
    Considering the current cost of ammo, 30k rounds ($9,000) through a carry pistol is probably far beyond what ordinary people will put through it in a lifetime. Still a top notch pistol for ordinary folk in which its a fit.
    Agreed!

User Tag List