Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Px4 Sub Compact is becoming my DA/SA Glock 26/27

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I noticed the Streamlight TLR-3 on your SC, and was reminded of it again this week when I put a TLR-3 back on a subcompact, at least temporarily.

I like the TLR-3 well enough - this one has even held up to shooting reduced-recoil buckshot loads through a rail-equipped 870 - but I don't really trust the polymer body over the long term and I don't care for the battery type. I went and bought a TLR-7 assuming (I should know the dangers of that by now) wrongly that I could cobble something up to make it fit a particular PX4 compact which I no longer have.

It sort of frosts me that I can't adapt the -7 to my favorite PX4 subcompact yet, but the -3 has functioned well enough on a subcompact in the past that it's not a heavy frost. Yet.

gn
    I have a couple of the TLR-3s. I favor them because they are light weight and compact. The body is polymer but I haven’t managed to bust one yet, (just knocked on wood). No worries on the batteries for me as Wally World seems to stock them well.
    Last edited by medmo; 01-12-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    The sub compact will be my next purchase for sure; and for the express reason of giving me an option over the G26.
    There is a whole lot you can do with the Px4 SC to upgrade it and improve it’s comfort and shootability. I’d recommend the stealth levers first. The stock ones can be plain painful. You can do the G conversion at the same time. Reduced hammer springs, (LTT has all the options on his website for one stop comparison/shopping), are inexpensive and significantly improve the action.

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    There is a whole lot you can do with the Px4 SC to upgrade it and improve it’s comfort and shootability. I’d recommend the stealth levers first. The stock ones can be plain painful. You can do the G conversion at the same time. Reduced hammer springs, (LTT has all the options on his website for one stop comparison/shopping), are inexpensive and significantly improve the action.
    This. Great improvements for a minor investment.

I personally prefer the carry levers over the stealth levers, but either set are vast improvements over the stock levers. Now that I have gotten used to the G configuration, I don't know why I resisted it for so long.

gn

Vending Machine Operator
    I have a couple of the TLR-3s. I favor them because they are light weight and compact. The body is polymer but I haven’t managed to bust one yet, (just knocked on wood). No worries on the batteries for me as Wally World seems to stock them well.
    I highly recommend trying the TLR-7 if you haven't. I absolutely love the one on my P30. Size of the TLR-3, aluminum of the TLR-1.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I highly recommend trying the TLR-7 if you haven't. I absolutely love the one on my P30. Size of the TLR-3, aluminum of the TLR-1.
    Will have to check one out. I’m kind of used to the toggle on the -3 but will defintely take a look at the -7. Thanks

Any round counts?

My wife hit 11,400 rounds on her PX4 SubCompact 9 and is doing a total disassembly of slide and frame for detailed cleaning. It is her range "stunt double" for her EDC PX4 SubCompact 9 with 9,400 rounds on it.

Anyone else have round count reports on the PX4 SubCompact?

Name:  Storm Tracker's Sub@11,400.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  62.3 KB

Forgot to add some info on the differences between the Compact and Sub Compact front sights. The dovetail is the same but the length of the dovetail is shorter on the Sub Compact. In order to fit the AmeriGlo Compact Carry in the dovetail of the Sub Compact and not have it stick out both sides I needed to match it up with a little belt sanding. The plan was to get a bottle of Oxpho-Blue and touch up both sides of the belt sanded dovetail and temporarily put a markerized, (black permanent marker), finish on it. The markerized finish seems to be holding up so far and will try and remember to pick up the Oxpho-Blue.

The top sight in the pic is the AmeriGlo Compact Carry front sight and the bottom is the standard Sub Compact front sight.
    Adding some more info. On the compact slide the cutout for the bbl lug runs underneath the front sight so it needs the longer dovetail. Not so with the full length slide or the subcompact as it uses the Browning tilting not the rotary lug lock up. A replacement front sight for the full size slide should fit the dovetail length of the compact size slide. No need to belt sand to fit, and refinish the longer compact front sight to fit the shorter subcompact dovetail like I did. Lesson learned. Hope I didn’t cause anyone any extra work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

.3 mm

Adding some more info. On the compact slide the cutout for the bbl lug runs underneath the front sight so it needs the longer dovetail. Not so with the full length slide or the subcompact as it uses the Browning tilting not the rotary lug lock up. A replacement front sight for the full size slide should fit the dovetail length of the compact size slide. No need to belt sand to fit, and refinish the longer compact front sight to fit the shorter subcompact dovetail like I did. Lesson learned. Hope I didn’t cause anyone any extra work.
    The SubCompact can use the same sights as a full size PX4. (which is what I think you are saying) However, the full size comes with a 6.5 mm blade and the SubCompact has a 6.2 mm height blade.

There are those that have put a front sight from a SubCompact on a full size to change their point of impact to be a little more 6 o'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    The SubCompact can use the same sights as a full size PX4.
    Yes, that is exactly it. In my previous post I mentioned how I fit a compact sized Ameriglo front sight to a sub compact slide. Absolutely no reason for that as the full size front sight should fit without modification. I wanted to post that information so I wouldn't create any extra work for anyone who read it then did the same thing I did. The full size front sight will easily fit the subcompact frame.

Top - compact size front sight, Bottom - sub/full size front sight
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by medmo; 07-15-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Not Sub standard :)

Yes, that is exactly it. In my previous post I mentioned how I fit a compact sized Ameriglo front sight to a sub compact slide. Absolutely no reason for that as the full size front sight should fit without modification. I wanted to post that information so I wouldn't create any extra work for anyone who read it then did the same thing I did. The full size front sight will easily fit the subcompact frame.

Top - compact size front sight, Bottom - sub/full size front sight
    You clarified a good point and might save some people from a whole lot of work. This is an excellent thread that you have here.

User Tag List