Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Px4 Sub Compact is becoming my DA/SA Glock 26/27

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrickenbacker View Post
    Howdy,

Three years ago the Px4 Storm subcompact (.40 S&W) replaced my old Colt Detective Special for EDC. So far it's been 100% reliable with WWB 180 grain and sparing use of my costly carry loads at the range. I can only compare this pistol's recoil to my 92FS. While the Px4 Storm sc exhibits fairly sharp muzzle rise, it's not a problem. At the range, I seldom knock down plates beyond 10 yards. Works like a champ with PB mags. Someday I'd like to get the full-size Px4 Storm in .40 S&W.
    I lucked out and found a 9mm top end for sale at a great price. Now I have the option of 9mm or 40S&W. Full house 40S&W loads have significantly more felt recoil but they are manageable for me also. Definitely more manageable for me than the G27 with the same loads. Adding all of the “Compact Carry” features to my SC has made it a completely sweet pistol. You mentioned wanting a full size? One benefit of the Px4 SC is with all of the options available for the pistol it can provide double duty as a concealed carry and full size applications.

Here is mine in a “full size” configuration in 40S&W.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by medmo; 12-30-2018 at 11:40 AM.

No one has mention that the shorter version reverts back to the browning tilt system instead of the rotating barrel.

Also I think of this whenever the Beretta Pug Storm is discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I like my 9mm SC a lot... it's a reliable little bulldog.

This one has NP3 coating on various bits/pieces, uses roll-my-own Talon grip appliques, and is equipped with a 12# hammer spring from LTT and Beretta "carry" G-type levers. Pocket carries using a V5 DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster, which in (most) cargo pants.

gn
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I like my 9mm SC a lot... it's a reliable little bulldog.

This one has NP3 coating on various bits/pieces, uses roll-my-own Talon grip appliques, and is equipped with a 12# hammer spring from LTT and Beretta "carry" G-type levers. Pocket carries using a V5 DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster, which in (most) cargo pants.

gn
    Very sweet looking. I’ve been using the LTT 11# hammer spring with no failures and strong primer strikes. I also added the LTT spurless hammer, extended magazine release button, stealth G levers, AmeriGlo sights (orange with tritium front and plain black rear), and the Talon rubberized grips. Perfectly matches my Compact Carry. I use the DeSantis Nemesis V5 which keeps the SC secure carrying AIWB.
    Last edited by medmo; 12-30-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I’ve been using the LTT 11# hammer spring with no failures and strong primer strikes.
    Between the LTT 12# spring, the NP3'd hammer, hammer pivot pin & trigger bar, as well as the polishing I did on the hammer strut halves, etc, the DA pull on this one is right where I want it. If the SA trigger lightens very much with use, I may actually put a 13# spring in it. I tend to like a bit more trigger weight than most shooters, though.

Even though it doesnt have a rotating-barrel, this is my favorite PX4.

gn

11#

Very sweet looking. I’ve been using the LTT 11# hammer spring with no failures and strong primer strikes. I also added the LTT spurless hammer, extended magazine release button, stealth G levers, AmeriGlo sights (orange with tritium front and plain black rear), and the Talon rubberized grips. Perfectly matches my Compact Carry. I use the DeSantis Nemesis V5 which keeps the SC secure carrying AIWB.
    I know that you like to keep good and specific track of your pistols. I was curious how many rounds you have put on that 11# spring?

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    I know that you like to keep good and specific track of your pistols. I was curious how many rounds you have put on that 11# spring?
    I do, indeed. I keep a notebook in the range bag. I have more rounds through the Compact Carry than the Sub Compact with the 11# LTT hammer springs. Numbers for Sub Compact since changing to the LTT 11#: 300 S&B 115gr FMJ, 20 Barnes 115gr TAC-XPD and 13 Speer 124gr GDHP. I dry fire quite a bit with my regime and the springs continue to be flawless. Zero problems, and the firing indentation on spent primers are strong. I’m sold on the LTT 11#-ers in the Px4 and they have my full confidence.

10Q

I do, indeed. I keep a notebook in the range bag. I have more rounds through the Compact Carry than the Sub Compact with the 11# LTT hammer springs. Numbers for Sub Compact since changing to the LTT 11#: 300 S&B 115gr FMJ, 20 Barnes 115gr TAC-XPD and 13 Speer 124gr GDHP. I dry fire quite a bit with my regime and the springs continue to be flawless. Zero problems, and the firing indentation on spent primers are strong. I’m sold on the LTT 11#-ers in the Px4 and they have my full confidence.
    You are always a great source of information and help. Thank you

Here is mine in a “full size” configuration in 40S&W.
    I noticed the Streamlight TLR-3 on your SC, and was reminded of it again this week when I put a TLR-3 back on a subcompact, at least temporarily.

I like the TLR-3 well enough - this one has even held up to shooting reduced-recoil buckshot loads through a rail-equipped 870 - but I don't really trust the polymer body over the long term and I don't care for the battery type. I went and bought a TLR-7 assuming (I should know the dangers of that by now) wrongly that I could cobble something up to make it fit a particular PX4 compact which I no longer have.

It sort of frosts me that I can't adapt the -7 to my favorite PX4 subcompact yet, but the -3 has functioned well enough on a subcompact in the past that it's not a heavy frost. Yet.

gn

Site Supporter
    The sub compact will be my next purchase for sure; and for the express reason of giving me an option over the G26.

User Tag List