Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W Model 41 values?

S&W Model 41 values?

Any idea what a very good condition A series, 1981 manufacturer Model 41 is worth?
    #RESIST

I can ask a buddy. He is a Model 41 collector, and has 8 or 9 of them, I think.

He'll likely want pics.

I’ll post some or PM you them.
    #RESIST

Model 41s are great pistols but the value of the early ones depends on the variations. For example the ones with the EFS (extended front sight) are rare and command a premium. Also ones with the Field/Sport barrel bring more money. And of course the condition is a strong factor in determining value. Any high condition 41 IMO is worth at least $1000 since the new ones have an MSRP of over $1300.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Looks way better in person.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    #RESIST

How many mags do you have to go with it?

Reaching out to the friend I mentioned tomorrow. Just got home from TacCon, and very much tired.

The mags for the 41 are the same as the old 422.

Best mags are the older 12 round. I would get a threaded Ray Brandes "Bully Barrel" for your 41. They have a 1/9 twist and this allows you to mount optic & suppressor/comps and more importantly, it will stabilize the Aguila SSS 60gr Sniper Subsonic ammo (I'm talking dime sized groups or less at 20yds). With a 1/9 twist in .22lr you give up zero accuracy with normal 40gr ammo either.
    I would also go to the smith-wesson forum & the rimfirecentral forum and Bullseye's guntalk to learn how to disassemble and troubleshoot problems.
    The Factory 41 Barrel is designed to shoot CCI Standard Velocity Ammo & Green Tag. So, with reliability issues start there. Bully Barrel will shoot anything in my experience.
    41 is a lot of fun and pure American Quality. Easy to field strip and clean as well. I like a 7.5" Barrel with the open sights and then swap to shorter Bully Barrel with optics when suppressed. Ray will shorten your Bully Barrel if you want.
    Quality between 422 & 41 is the difference between a 50's American Car and a 80's American Car.
    Last edited by johnnywitt; 03-19-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    How many mags do you have to go with it?

Reaching out to the friend I mentioned tomorrow. Just got home from TacCon, and very much tired.
    Two 10s and two 12s.
    #RESIST

I picked up a new production 5.5” 41 last week. The 5.5” version felt better balanced than the 7” version.

I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but I am hoping to remedy that this weekend.

User Tag List