Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Money Bomb the NRA on 03/24/18

Dad’s membership had lapsed, so I just bought him a 3-year.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I think it's important to note that "The NRA" is several different organizations:
    NRA | Home
    A Brief History of the NRA

Dismayed by the lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. The primary goal of the association would be to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis," according to a magazine editorial written by Church.
    NRA-PVF | EXPLORE NRA-PVF
    Mission Statement

The NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) is NRA's political action committee. The NRA-PVF ranks political candidates - irrespective of party affiliation - based on voting records, public statements and their responses to an NRA-PVF questionnaire.

NRA relies on a very simple premise: when provided with the facts, the nation's elected officials will recognize that "gun control" schemes are an infringement on the Second Amendment and a proven failure in fighting crime. The importance of this premise lies in the knowledge that, as one U.S. Congressman put it: "The gun lobby is people."
    NRA-ILA | Home
    The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the lobbying arm of the NRA. Established in 1975, ILA is committed to preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

ILA’s ability to fight successfully for the rights of America’s law-abiding gun owners directly reflects the support of NRA’s 5 million members—a number that has more than tripled since 1978. When restrictive “gun control” legislation is proposed at the local, state or federal level, NRA members and supporters are alerted and respond with individual letters, faxes, e-mails and calls to their elected representatives to make their views known.
    Friends of NRA - NRA Foundation
    Friends of NRA is the blockbuster fundraising program under The NRA Foundation. Since day one, it has been a 100% grassroots effort fueled by a united front to secure the Second Amendment and raise money for the shooting sports. Nothing makes a Friends of NRA event more unique than the 13,000 dedicated volunteers who work tirelessly to make these events happen and the generous attendees and donors who support their efforts.
    The government -- meaning the IRS, when it comes to tax-deductible donations -- regards each of these as a separate entity. Each has a separate focus, not all of which are actually tax-deductible.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Also consider using smile.amazon.com to support the NRA with a fraction of your Amazon purchases.
    Been using smile.amazon for several yrs to support GOA, long time member of it & the NRA.

Seems my 28yro son needs his own GOA membership so time for me to make it happen on 24 March.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I think it's important to note that "The NRA" is several different organizations:
    Another:
    Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund - Default
    CRDF Statement of Purpose:
    The NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund was established by the NRA Board of Directors in 1978 to become involved in court cases establishing legal precedents in favor of gun owners.

To accomplish this, the Fund provides legal and financial assistance to selected individuals and organizations defending their right to keep and bear arms.

Additionally, the Fund sponsors legal research and education on a wide variety of firearms related issues, including the meaning of the Second Amendment and nature of the right to keep and bear arms provisions in state constitutions.
    Tax Exempt Status:
    The Fund is a charitable/educational entity which has been granted tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible for Federal income tax purposes.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Bumping this up as a reminder for NRA, etc. donations tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    Bumping this up as a reminder for NRA, etc. donations tomorrow.
    Plastic is staged and ready to go.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I was only going to give $25 but with all the talk on the news about this march I'm thinking of giving $50.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I was only going to give $25 but with all the talk on the news about this march I'm thinking of giving $50.
    Sorta sim here, busy Sat shooting a steel match so I gave my son his GOA membership a hair early & threw in some extra $ to GOA.

Thanks for the head's up.

I just donated to the NRA, NRA-ILA, GOA, and TFA (Tennessee Firearms Association).

And Thanks to all here for the incredible knowledge pool I glean from daily. The Mods here aren't all that bad...

First thing I did when I got up today...thanks to the original author of the thread for suggesting it. I got several others to do so.

User Tag List