Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW Fashion Show Cancelled by Bass Pro

CCW Fashion Show Cancelled by Bass Pro

It was sold out. The people that organized it did an amazing job. Everything was ready to go. Bass Pro caved 2 days before the event because of the tiniest amount of push back from some anonymous SJWs.

CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Join us for a great night of fun, Friday March 9, 2018 at the Bass Pro Shop in Foxborough.

Tickets are limited, so be sure to get yours today, you don't want to miss this event!

Time/Date: Friday, March 9th, 6:00 PM- 9:00 PM, with cocktail hr starting at 6pm, Show starts at 7pm.

Presented by: GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Cost: $45/ticket before Feb. 26th, after that $56/person
    Don't they understand that the SJWs hate their business, don't spend money there, and would like nothing more than to shut them down?

Now it's our turn to push back!

Event Flyer: http://www.massreloading.com/docs/CC...Show-Flyer.pdf
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

What's a CCW fashion show? Bunch of guys walking around in unassuming street clothes?
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    What's a CCW fashion show? Bunch of guys walking around in unassuming street clothes?
    It was well on it's way to being a successful fundraiser for local gun rights organizations. Something new to me too, but a good idea, as it did sell out.

I'm sure many of the models were women, as they have special purses, etc. (see flyer). Many couples planned date nights around this—some even booking hotel rooms—and Bass Pro pulled the plug in the 11th hour.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Did they have a contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Did they have a contract?
    Yes. I'm not privy to all the details, but lawyers are working on it as we post.

It's bigger than that, though. If Bass Pro, a company that makes a lot of money off gun owners, is going to act like Dick's Sporting Goods and Walmart, that takes this fight to a whole new level.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Site Supporter
    Added to the level st of companies that no longer have a chance to get my finite, hard-earned, after-tax dollars.

I would have lobbied hard to make this a date night with my wife if I had learned of such an event near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

This event was a fund raiser for an organization called Massachusetts Women Gun Owners.

Today is International Women's Day 2018.

On Twitter now: #BassProHatesWomen
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Another business I don't do business with which I won't do business with as a result of this business.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    ...companies that no longer have a chance to get my finite, hard-earned, after-tax dollars...
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Another business I don't do business with which I won't do business with as a result of this business.
    Thanks, Guys.

Please don't forget, Bass Pro owns Cabela's too!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    So was this canceled by Bass Pro Corporate or was it a local decision by the management of that store? It’s a distinction that matters, at least to me.
    I agree that it matters, Tom.

According to the email I received from Gun Owner's Action League (the local NRA chapter), they specifically state they were just informed of the cancellation "by the corporate office of Bass Pro Shops" and "Bass Pro HQ informed us that this was due to 'unforeseen circumstances'." No other official reasons were offered.

People around here are mobilizing against both corporate and all the local Bass Pro and Cabela's stores and hoping to make a national issue of it.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

User Tag List