Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: There are people who don't carry a gun and live.

I just want to say that Tim’s post was excellent. He laid reality out there for everyone to see. You can ignore it or not but that doesn’t change what’s out there in the world with us. I second that the post should be stickied in the mindset forum. Maybe start a sticky thread for truth bomb posts to open people’s eyes?

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

As someone who was "boots on the ground" the day of that burglary,rape,arson etc carrying a firearm is something that I don't take lightly. It shaped my thought process when it comes to defending myself, family and loved ones.

If anyone is interested in an un-adulterated version of the day feel free to send me a message and we can chat.

Thanks for that contribution, truly makes great points!
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 04-05-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Is there a name for this incident? I'm curious to read more about it and, if possible, point to any related news reports should someone ask in the future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Is there a name for this incident? I'm curious to read more about it and, if possible, point to any related news reports should someone ask in the future.
    Just Google "Petit family Cheshire murders" . You will get more info than you ever wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Just Google "Petit family Cheshire murders" . You will get more info than you ever wanted.
    Will do. Kinda crazy how I don't recall ever hearing anything about this while I was growing up.

The crime scene photos of those murders particularly the burned beds are fucking horrible. Absolutely horrible.

"I just don't want to think about it" sadly is the reaction of too many people when it comes time to assess risk or make plans.
    Some are superstitious that if they talk about it, it will happen. Some are know that if they take a good look, what they see will make them unable to rest easily.
    It still doesn't make the danger go away.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    My background includes teaching in an inner city high school and working in corrections. Also I have had minor experience working security. I was a quick learner and soon became street smart. When I've talked with my "free" friends and told them about what I've observed, they would become uneasy. I learned that they resented me for making them uneasy. I had disturbed their world view. My opinion is that some anti gun people can not accept that predators walk the street and hence deny that there is a need for many of us to be armed. Many deny the need for citizens to have home defense weapons. If some of these folks had the real picture, they might board up their windows and buy rape whistles.

The fact that some do not acknowledge reality does not change it.

A recent article that seems to fit here.

http://www.grantcunningham.com/2018/...me-odd-places/

User Tag List