Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: There are people who don't carry a gun and live.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    My work travel took me to South Korea, China, and several European countries where I couldn’t carry. I did not barricade myself in my hotel room — I got out, walked, ate local food, and enjoyed being somewhere different. I’m glad to have had that opportunity.

I may well have been dumb or lucky or both, but I think a bit of local research, good awareness and the “rule of stupids” goes a long way.

If carrying is legal and reasonable, do. If not, that’s a personal choice.
    Yep I totally agree. I lived in Germany for a few years and visit every year or two. I am going to Israel next year and eastern Europe the year after. None of these places will I be able to carry a firearm but I won't pass up the opportunity because there is risk or I don't have my preferred tool for protection on me. I carry whenever and wherever I can but I don't let not carrying stop me from enjoying life nor carrying encourage me to take unnecessary risk or ignore the soft skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Hmm, I wonder why. I always carry 2 guns into the gym. You never know...
    There was a murder/suicide in the gym in my town about 16yrs ago, while people were working out. Boyfriend/girlfriend thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Hmm, I wonder why. I always carry 2 guns into the gym. You never know...
    I have a P32 because I thought, when I saw it, that I could be in a muscle man contest and still carry that little guy hidden in a speedo. Bad images, maybe, but there are pics all over my gym of clients in competitions.

So, yeah. I carry at the gym. Not because of the competitions, but because there are no safe spaces, it's legal, and I have a 642 and a P32 and a G42. One or two of those will fit any set of gym clothes. So why not?

Totally spot on TC. Man's single largest weakness is his inability and unwillingness to face evil for what it is: evil.

The man, wife and daughter's in TC's post "perceived no risk". Didn't make it go away and leave them alone.

I carry everywhere and do not live a fearful life. They are not mutually exclusive.

Cat
    Last edited by Catshooter; 04-07-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I just can't help but think of how peaceful if a bit nieve to not worry about what threat may be lurking in the shadows.
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Aim Small Miss Small

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher1336 View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Like deer walking into a field to feed. They are there because they feel safe. Then with one pull of the trigger, one choice someone else made their lives change forever. Either they just lost someone they were doing life or they just got shot themselves. They were ignorant that a killer was in their midst but it didn't change the outcome.

There are people who roll their cars at 120 MPH into a tree and walk away. Just the same,I’ll wear my seatbelt.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    There are people who roll their cars at 120 MPH into a tree and walk away. Just the same,I’ll wear my seatbelt.
    I do too and I wear a 5 point harness, full face SA rated helmet, HANS and have a full SCCA rate rollcage when I drive on track. However I don't combine the two and have the race safety equipment on the street. People who don't take any precautions are foolish, people who take every precaution are paranoid. Balancing the two is the key.

User Tag List