Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cross draw back up holster

Site Supporter

cross draw back up holster

Looking for a cross draw holster for a back up/second gun (easy to access while seated/driving). I have been trying to find the one that Jim Cirillo was pictured with in a tactical wire article (picture below) or something similar. Bonus if it is available for the new colt cobra.

Name:  cirillo cross draw.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  6.6 KB

I’m in for one!

civiliandefender.com

It’s not identical, but a similar concept. Check out JRC’s “Old School Scabbard”.

http://www.jrcholsters.com/index.php...-the-waistband

Site Supporter
    Not sure that is quite what I am looking for. Looks like a nice holster, but not the right style.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    It’s not identical, but a similar concept. Check out JRC’s “Old School Scabbard”.

http://www.jrcholsters.com/index.php...-the-waistband

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Not sure that is quite what I am looking for. Looks like a nice holster, but not the right style.
    Some more details re what you mean by “style” might help us help ya. Are you referring to the material? The open top strap design specifically? Or something else?

The image of JC’s holster you posted struck a chord and reminded me of a holster I’d seen on here recently in one of the j-frame threads. I had a few minutes to dig around this am amidst caffeinating and found what I’d remembered. See below on page 24 of the “J frame picture thread”. Aside from being IWB, it looks very similar.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-thread/page24

Site Supporter
    I am looking for that exact holster design. Would love to know who the maker of that is/was or if there is someone making something similar. The Holsters that Spear is making look nice and pretty close, but I don't really want another IWB as I am already carrying my primary that way (only so much room in the pants). The JRC doesn't even look like it is made for cross draw. While it might work, it would have to be positioned closer to the 12 o'clock than might be optimal. I appreciate the input so far, but really looking for that exact holster or something that copied it.

The city special holster was also really close, but again it was IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Some more details re what you mean by “style” might help us help ya. Are you referring to the material? The open top strap design specifically? Or something else?

The image of JC’s holster you posted struck a chord and reminded me of a holster I’d seen on here recently in one of the j-frame threads. I had a few minutes to dig around this am amidst caffeinating and found what I’d remembered. See below on page 24 of the “J frame picture thread”. Aside from being IWB, it looks very similar.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-thread/page24

Not that I can help with exactly which holster that is (although it looks like a CompTac), I do want to note one thing:

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    The JRC doesn't even look like it is made for cross draw. While it might work, it would have to be positioned closer to the 12 o'clock than might be optimal.
    JRC is a custom shop. What you see on the website are basically examples of common templates. If you want something with more or less cant, you just tell him and he makes it. If you want a different mounting style (loops, detachable, tunnels, various spacing/widths) then you tell him, and he makes it. If you want the top strap opened up more or less, you tell him and he makes it.

He'll make basically whatever you want, as long as it's leather.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    It does look a lot like a comp-tac. Maybe it is an old holster as they don't make anything with that cant and they don't make much in the way of revolver holsters (only a drop offset holster). I will try to contact them and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Not that I can help with exactly which holster that is (although it looks like a CompTac), I do want to note one thing:

JRC is a custom shop. What you see on the website are basically examples of common templates. If you want something with more or less cant, you just tell him and he makes it. If you want a different mounting style (loops, detachable, tunnels, various spacing/widths) then you tell him, and he makes it. If you want the top strap opened up more or less, you tell him and he makes it.

He'll make basically whatever you want, as long as it's leather.

Site Supporter

Ken Null's Vampire is a cross-draw rig specifically made for driving. http://www.klnullholsters.com/default.htm

It's Shell Cordovan, so not cheap, but Ken gets his wares out fast, and I've never waited longer than 10 days to receive any of the dozen items I've ordered from him in the past 25 years.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List