Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: RFI: AR Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by w provence View Post
    So is this a SBR? I have a similar set up with a KAK blade and a 10.5 barrel with an OAL of 26 3/8. I'm wanting to put a VFG on it. Does that turn it in to a SBR?
    Currently, no, as long as you never intended to circumvent the nfa with the brace. Subject to change.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Interesting.

It's not about skirting the law, but about being able to do what the law allows. The BATF says using an arm brace is legal on a pistol. The BATF says it's legal to place an arm brace or a bare receiver extension or other legal device installed on a pistol against the shoulder. The BATF says it's not legal to install arm brace with the purpose of using it to circumvent the law. I follow the regulations to the best of my knowledge and abilities. I cannot afford to do otherwise.

Wise words.

You have the link for the letters?

SB Tactical states the SBA3 is ATF approved.
    There’s several threads over on ar15.com about the KAK and gesrhead works adjustable designs and ATF approval. I’ll try and find them when I have more free time.

SB tactical claims the sba3 is ATF “compliant”, compared to the gearheadworks tailhook which claims its ATF “approved” and puts the letters from the ATF on their website. SB tactical won’t do that for the sba3 because there are no such letters. They just claim it’s compliant by using three different opinion letters from the ATF, none of which were written about the sba3. The sba3 has not been submitted to the ATF. I’m just gonna choose not to mess with it until then.

Thank you.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Currently, no, as long as you never intended to circumvent the nfa with the brace. Subject to change.

I probably should have read your ask a bit better.

The VFG can be added but it becomes an AOW, I don't recall if you need a different stamp for that, but there are length restrictions that I believe at 26" minimum. Best to double check everything since I am not an ATF agent or a NFA lawyer so what I say could very well be incorrect.

Site Supporter
    So is this a SBR? I have a similar set up with a KAK blade and a 10.5 barrel with an OAL of 26 3/8. I'm wanting to put a VFG on it. Does that turn it in to a SBR?
    The brace and Pistol Extension are as it came from Sig with a letter stating it is a pistol. It is not an SBR. As far as your question regarding a VFG check the many references here or check with an attorney for the most up to date rulings. Not trying to avoid your question, but I'm not an attorney, and I don't play one on TV either.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

HAHA! Thank you I will. It's silly sometimes what they base their decisions on, VFG, bayonet lug, to make the rules by.
    Bill

HAHA! Thank you I will. It's silly sometimes what they base their decisions on, VFG, bayonet lug, to make the rules by.
    I believe you can add a angled foregrip on a 26 inch gun without changing its pistol classification.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I believe you can add a angled foregrip on a 26 inch gun without changing its pistol classification.

Its no longer a pistol, it's a "firearm". But, because it's not under 26", it isn't an AOW. It's more akin to a tripod mounted semi-auto 1919 or these weird non-shotgun short barreled "shotguns" with 14" bbls.

what buffer/buffer spring are you guys running in your psitols.

looking at a 11.5 pistol 556.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    what buffer/buffer spring are you guys running in your psitols.

looking at a 11.5 pistol 556.
    Sample size of one, but an H2 and standard Colt carbine spring is working well on my BCM 11.5, which has a gas port diameter of .073”

User Tag List