Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: RFI: AR Pistols

Well, I bought a braced-pistol, with LAW folder version of the Daniel Defense DDM4 V7, .300 BLK. This thread topic is partly to blame. The .300-versus-.223/5.56 decision was not easy. I am discovering that supersonic .300 BLK is not so easy to find, in stock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, I bought a braced-pistol, with LAW folder version of the Daniel Defense DDM4 V7, .300 BLK. This thread topic is partly to blame. The .300-versus-.223/5.56 decision was not easy. I am discovering that supersonic .300 BLK is not so easy to find, in stock.
    Academy sports has been the best on the shelf option.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

I use a Barrett REC7 DI AR Pistol, in 5.56. It’s awesome. I have 2100 trouble free rounds through it. The brace on it feels the least ridiculous of any of the other braces I’ve used. I use this gun on duty as a patrol AR as well, with sling, aimpoint and light.

civiliandefender.com
    That's gorgeous. I've eyeballed various versions of the REC7 and the prices have really gotten reasonable over the years.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Target Sports usually has ammo in stock.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Academy sports has been the best on the shelf option.
    The nearest Academy, in Houston’s Upper Kirby area, only had one 300BLK load, though it was interesting, a Winchester 150-grain load, marketed for deer hunters. With 1900 fps velocity, it seems to be near-.30WCF ballistics, though I do not yet know the actual velocity from pistol-length barrels. I’ll need to look further into this; no hurry, as my goal is to acquire and function-test lighter-bullet, higher-speed defensive-oriented loads, and also function-test the small amount of heavy-bullet stuff I already acquired. (I do not see heavy-bullet subsonic as a best choice for personal defense, and am in no particular hurry to add a supressor.)

User Tag List