Thread: CSM Gear Throw Over Holster

CSM Gear Throw Over Holster

A few years ago I oredered a holster from CSM Gear called the Throw Over Holster. It is a truly simple design, but very well made!
    Basically it is a holster with an adjustable strap at either end. My wife and I have been using this mostly as the taking the dogs out at night holster. She attached an Emerson commander to the small piece of molle on the front. The knife is easy to draw from here. Speaking of draw, the Glock draws very nicely and is easy to re-holster. The holster does not collapse and is of fairly rigid construction. The thin strap does get bothersome after an hour or so, but our use has been confined to between 15 minutes and an hour at a time. I haven’t experienced any issues with the holster trying to roll over either. Overall it is a stable design as long as you don’t let the strap out too loose. I think of it as a chest holster, but one that has to ride a little higher than most similar designs.
    My only complaint is with the thumb break. It isn’t reinforced so it has a rigid tab for your thumb to use as leverage. It is a piece of material right against the snap. I have never failed to miss the snap and neither has my wife. I just wish it had a tab to push against.
    So, if you are looking for a holster that is easy to don and doff and wear while doing light tasks around the house, this is a great option IMO.
    Name:  9F2D7B80-295D-4CC4-AFC5-D293E219D5D5.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  66.4 KB

Here is a picture of the holster not being worn.
    Name:  F3C7F910-0CCD-4BD5-9913-E40E2C0FDE9D.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  48.4 KB

Interesting concept. It would be really cool of the mag pouch was the oriented the other way to do a fast reload if necessary with a left hand if holding the gun in the right.

Does it hold a Glock with a WML? Could be a cool bump in the night option.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 03-04-2018 at 05:12 PM.

It will not fit anything with a WML. At least the X300 type lights it won’t. I am pretty sure the smaller ones won’t fit either, but I don’t have any to try.

Site Supporter
    I emailed CSM a while back about making a throw over holster with a WML. They said no problem. I never followed through. I should order one

User Tag List