Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking recommendations for a 6" revolver

Another fan of the 6" K-22/17. The one thats been in the family for many years has been crazy accurate and very easy to shoot well. I believe years ago, the factory would shoot them at 50 yards to check them, if they wouldnt shoot into 1 1/2" group at 50 yards, it was sent back through to figure out why.

Site Supporter
    K-22s and model 17s are worth hunting for and paying too much. If you hunt long enough you will find a finish worn user grade for 500 bucks. If you have a good holster for the 4” model 15 don’t over look the 4” model 18s. I love mine

Site Supporter
    I have a well used Model 18 that does great duty as a pest "problem solver" and is extremely accurate. It started life as a trainer revolver at TX DPS, where they shot .22 revolvers for a week at the academy before moving up to their Highway Patrolman revolvers.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I'm certainly not a revolver snob:
    SW 617 and 5.5" Ruger GP100 come to mind.
    David S.

I have a line on a .22 revolver from a friend at church. He's not sure if it's a 4" or 6", but it's "old and dark and a six-shooter". He inherited it, and his wife's car needs new tires.

I suspect Discount Tire is about to get some money, and I may get an old wheelgun.

Finger's crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a line on a .22 revolver from a friend at church. He's not sure if it's a 4" or 6", but it's "old and dark and a six-shooter". He inherited it, and his wife's car needs new tires.

I suspect Discount Tire is about to get some money, and I may get an old wheelgun.

Finger's crossed!
    Brings to mind the time I traded two 265/86LT16s, a case of Rotella and half a double anchovies pizza for an engraved Browning Auto 5.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

The K22/M17 is hard to beat. Look for one of pre-1980 manufacture. After that S&W is varying degrees of shite. Also, a six-inch Colt Diamondback in .22 is awfully sweet. (another one I regret letting go back in the day)
    Last edited by Trooper224; 03-12-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Six-inch? More is more, and less is a bore.

Name:  924CB68E-CC21-4E26-BAEE-0FA3B7AD6305.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  79.1 KB

Actually I just happened upon this 17-4 going cheap because in good light you can see it got all freckly with rust spots, but I’m super pleased with it.

I have a Model 18 and would seriously consider a M17 if one came along.

Don't discount Colt. An Officer's Model Match is a fine revolver. You will be told that the Colt is delicate but once upon a time, Colt revolvers ruled target shooting.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Shooting a 6" 617 is like turning on a cheat code in a video game.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List