Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drunk and fighting stupid in Austin

Drunk and fighting stupid in Austin

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCazGlbA17F9An1pfjISih1w

I binged watched all these short videos (TxStreetfights TV)

Glad I am not that age. Way too many girl fights too. I don't recall it this bad when I was young.

Makes you want to show your kids don't be stupid. Don't put yourself in these situations.

Kudos to Austin PD. They must burn through the pepper spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    As said before here, I worked 16 years in an inner city high school and have forgot how many such fights that I've seen at school. They occurred in classrooms, restrooms, the cafeteria, in halls, on buses, and so on. While helping to break them up, I have been kicked, hit, scratched, and spit on. Frequently, one person looking at another or a girl rolling her eyes at another girl would be the spark. The combatants were always in every case super enraged and, once in this state, became extremely strong. By the way, these folks can't read and write either. The rules did not permit school police to use pepper spray. It was considered a weapon.
    Last edited by willie; 03-02-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    The rules did not permit school police to use pepper spray. It was considered a weapon.
    That is taking a potential useful tool out of the tool box.

For Austin PD, it seems be very effective. Once they are tangled, literally with their hair, to get them to ratchet them out of their rage...

Having worked in a very similar environment to the video I have found pepper spray a useful tool for disengaging multiple combatants. When encountering a number of people tussling I generally apply it liberally until they stop hurting each other then cherry pick the primary aggressors out detaining them. The fact that their faces on on fire and they cant see makes the latter much easier.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Damn. That is ghetto.

When I was younger, I spent a few years going out a lot. Hollywood, west side beaches, Vegas, Florida, Europe, Japan... Stuff like that never happened around me.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Ah, Sixth Street back in the day. When I drove a big white bus, we transported many a battered youngster a few blocks south to Breckinridge. That is, the ones that were not already heading just down the street to the jail.

Good times.

I worked for the university PD and hated that part of district assignment with a passion.

The APD DTAC guys that worked that area were a pretty tight group. Just another night at the zoo for them other than getting hit by cars, people shooting in/around crowds, a dbag co-worker and ridiculous anti-crime Good Idea Fairy tactics from on high.

What happened back in the day before pepper spray.... Were fights not to this degree or occurrence or was there more use of tools by PD's like leather saps?

I imagine they were quelled with the generous application of hickory batons and slap-jacks.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 03-04-2018 at 06:55 PM.

#Maglites'n'Moontowers

From what the old timers say it was just a different generation in another era.

User Tag List