Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther PPQ 45

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I twisted every arm I could find at the Walther booth (and at three or four booths nearby who had nothing to do with Walther) and to enlist every passer-by I could to do the same, to convince the PTB in Ulm that we demand PPQ 45s (and other new PPQ models) be made with mag release levers and the answer was invariably "Not gonna happen".
    Bastards! At least you tried, I appreciate your efforts!

I guess the M1's just didn't sell well enough.

They sold well enough until some knucklebutt gunwriter asserted "Americans want mag release buttons not levers" and Walther bought into it. Mag levers hasn't hurt the sales of HKs.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 03-03-2018 at 12:50 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

For holsters, this JMCK IWB #3 works nicely with my 5-inch M1;

The PPQ 45 is a great pistol. I have TruGlo TFX Pro sights on mine.

For holsters, I have been using the Garrett type which are kydex, but with a leather lining inside. I have also considered Wright Leather Works for holstering the 45 but I don't have one yet. You can find a lot more info at Waltherforums.com and many holster options in the PPQ FAQ section.

Good luck,
    Dave
    Last edited by DavidS; 03-03-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    ----
    PPQ 9mm M1, PPQ 9mm M1 5", PPQ 45, P99c 9mm

Site Supporter
    The PPQ 45 is a very nice gun and i have enjoyed mine. The finish seems to be tough; i do not have many rounds through it. I bought the 45 first and that purchase inspired me to buy the 5 inch 9mm PPQ. The PPQ guns have a disconnecter safety and i am pretty sure the PPSm2 does as well. As mentioned by MistWolf, the grip is not wide/large. It is longer than the 9mm PPQ. Someone good with posting pictures should show the 45 magazine because it looks cool. There is a pronounced taper at the top of the magazine
    Last edited by WOLFIE; 03-04-2018 at 03:47 AM.

I have a PPQ45 with a few thousand rounds through it.
    Very size efficient for a .45, nice trigger, good ergonomics.
    I have Trijicon HD's for sights.
    With standard pressure .45 FMJ and milder JHP's mine has been 100% reliable.
    With hot +P 230gr JHP, not so much.
    The PPQ45 has a very light recoil spring and with hot +P (HST's specifically) the slide velocity is so high that it causes problems.
    The most encountered problem is the slide slams back so hard that the magazine spits a live round out of the ejection port along with the empty casing.
    It does usually feed the next round up, but the live round ejection issue is prevalent enough there's no way I'd carry it with +P HST's.
    With standard pressure ball or the Barnes Tac-XPD 185 JHP's mine has been 100% reliable through a few thousand rounds.
    I use it as a loaner in my CCW classes and everyone who shoots it (raw beginners to good shooters) shoots it very well and they all comment on how easy it is to shoot and how mild the recoil is.

Personally, if I was going to carry it I would look into a heavier recoil spring because as sprung from the factory the slide velocity is way too high for reliability and long term durability IMO.
    Last edited by JodyH; 03-04-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Thank you for the detailed review, JodyH.

I really appreciate it.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MistWolf

Awesome Review. I have 2 PPQ's in 45 auto and one in 9mm. I personally prefer the 45 auto. As far as shooting to the left, this is definitely a trigger finger problem. Try putting more of your trigger finger on the trigger. This is an AMU Shooting Tip. Good luck.

Walther PPQ 45

I have read on the Walther forums that Walther has released a heavier recoil spring for the PPQ M2 45.

Has anyone tried the new spring?

With +P ammunition?

Thanks,
    Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Antonius; 08-15-2018 at 04:09 PM.

User Tag List