Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Week 258: Five-Yard Roundup

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Rev, if there is anything we old farts are good at, i t's slowing down...
    I’m 66, I know all about that.

I shot some more 95's today, still shooting 'too fast' WHO (average 1.7s), which is an improvement over my typical 91-92 with the occasional/rare 95 from past attempts. Main difference was putting my thumb directly on my middle finger instead of on the grip above my middle finger. More range trips are needed to verify but it sure seems to have brought the groups on average closer to center (vs windage being off, towards my thumb side) To the above discussion, I did a box worth of slightly faster one handed shooting at 5 yards into an IDPA -0 after the roundups for the same reasons as above (and middle finger on thumb still seemed like a winner)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    I sincerely appreciate the reply and see you point. The “8 ball”(actually 9 ring),black, would be a big grapefruit! So, I’m going to go to the “10in10” drill, or consider the last 10 shot string shot on the Super Test: 10 rounds@5yards in 5 seconds. That would seem very proficient; and again, this is all circumstantial. You look at Mr. Rehn’s analysis and that seems sound...
    Thanks
    aka the Half Test. I ran that today as well, down to a 3.59 second 98/100 daily best (VP9SK). Love that one. Close, fast, but a tight enough target you (or at least I) still need to watch that front sight
    Last edited by Steaz; 04-03-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Shot it again today. Took a short lunch so I could leave work early and get in a short range session in. Only had time for one box.

G26, JMCK IWB#3, under an untucked button up.

I forgot my B8 centers. Again.

All shots in Time, 85 points when I laid one over the circle and X I drew.

@Steaz:
    Sir, I’ve had the privilege and pleasure to attend the Rogers School, which you may know has pretty difficult tests, to include support hand shooting(and reloading). I struggled with support hand shooting until a physician, who was also in class, suggested exactly what you described, thumb down to middle finger. Isolated trigger finger, closed grip. Scores went up from there-so keep at it.
    Side note: shot “Super Test” w/89@15, 96@10 and 95@5.
    I’ll be shooting the “Roundup” frequently.

User Tag List