Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 258: Five-Yard Roundup

Shot this today with a G26 concealed AIWB.

First run 92. No overtime shots.

Second run 91 (96-5). One shot over time on the two handed string.

I also decided to try the advanced AMRAP version with the 1.5s par time to an 8 inch circle. I scored 7 hits. I got no points on the draw (single hit at 1.52s) and missed 2/3 WHO shots. This was definitely tough. I might try it with a G19 to see how it would compare.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    This was the second thing I shot today, after The Test.

M&P 2.0 Compact
    JMCK IWB under a t shirt.

Scored a 95. All shots were within par times. I was trying to squeeze in a lot of work before dark and didn't record the times or take a picture of the target.

M&p 2.0 compact
    Concealed under a fleece in a dark star gear aiwb

1 ot shot on sho string
    94/100

String 1 - 1.97
    String 2 - 2.16 (-1 point)
    String 3 - 2.84 (-5 for ot shot)
    String 4 - 2.12

This was shot cold as my first live practice since about November. I was being a bit conservative as it was a new gun and I'm not quite familiar enough to push speed too hard yet.

Name:  20180312_131313_1520874814817.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  31.2 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Equipment - Wilson Protector (old style) Milt Sparks 55 BN concealed under an open front shirt

Shot it twice scored 94 both runs. My best with the Wilson Brig-Tac was 95 (on run # 2) and my initial run was only an 84.The 1911 felt easier to shoot with more recoil and starting out cold I was only 1 point worse than warmed up with the 92.Makes me wonder sometimes why I use anything else.

Equipment used Springfield Loaded 1911, OWB holster, no concealment
    Number of overtime shots - 1
    Total score 84/100
    Anything you noticed - Single action triggers are easier to slap than double action triggers.

Equipment used (pistol, holster, optional concealment garment if one was used): Gen5 G17 concealed under a polo shirt (and I think a long sleeve shirt + light sweater too?) in a Keeper
    Number of overtime shots: 0
    Total score out of possible 100: 99
    Anything you noticed: We shot this at the 20th Anniversary Rangemaster Tactical Conference as part of the match! I had to take a break from the class I was teaching to run over and shoot it. Massad Ayoob shot a perfect 100 on it! I dropped one point.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I shot it the conference also, scoring a 94. I used my M&P40 duty gun out of a Sparks 55BN. Seven of us had to shoot off again for the last two spots in the final sixteen. I didn't catch that score but it wasn't good enough to stay in the match

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I shot it the conference also, scoring a 94. I used my M&P40 duty gun out of a Sparks 55BN. Seven of us had to shoot off again for the last two spots in the final sixteen. I didn't catch that score but it wasn't good enough to stay in the match
    I was right there with you. I ended up with a 91 for my second run which wasn't good enough to snag one of those two spots. I shot way too fast to get the hits I needed and I couldn't find the brake pedal to save my ass. The first run wasn't that bad nerves wise. The second was just nasty.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by John Hearne; 03-21-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

That's my elbow sticking out on the left end. There was one more shooter to my left

Is that Chris Baker, second from the right?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

User Tag List