Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 258: Five-Yard Roundup

Cold shoot after church, indoor range.
    Level 3 SAFARILAND, concealed. Gen5 17w/Bold sights, 115 gr. Fmj Magtech.
    Center hit(x) on draw, 2.35.
    Feeling sporty, 4 shots freestyle centered, then went 2.53 Strong(!?!), and whacked the trigger support hand for a”7”-96 points =91
    Argh...
    So, in best PF tradition, shot it again: passed times, 99 points-“9” support hand-dry fire in my future! Thanks to those who made this.

Wilson Brig-Tac with Langdon trigger job (Thanks Earnest!!!) Kramer vertical scabbard ,115 FMJ Remington ,concealed under an open shirt.
    First run 84 yuk!

Second run 95 still can’t shoot left handed but was quite happy!! Will shoot it with some different platforms very soon!

Shot it twice from OWB under a jacket.

9mm Operator 97 - 3 nines missed SHO to the left.

G19X 98 - 2 nines due north. One from SHO, one from WHO.

Observation: It strikes me as odd that a test of contextual 3-5 yard fast gunfighting would build the standard on the 10 ring instead of the B8 bull/black.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-04-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Name:  IMG_20180304_163540.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  32.8 KB
    Glock 17 MOS. USPSA gear.
    99 5X.

I meant to do this with my Gen 5 G19 from concealment but during Dot Torture the trigger on that gun froze up. When will I learn. Anyway, I was surprised by how fast the time went on the 4 shot string and just snuck that one in under the wire.

Hey, I actually just did this.

Gun: Sig P320 X-Five
    Holster: Comp-Tac International OWB
    Concealment: Yes (vest)

I was well under times for all the strings, ended up throwing 5 rounds into the 9 ring so I ended up 95/100. I'd be curious to see how I'd do using all of the time and getting all of the hits in the 10.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Ran twice.
    Equipment used : P30 LEM, kydex AIWB holster under t-shirt
    Number of overtime shots: 1, then 0
    Total score out of possible: 93 both times.

Shot this drill cold after a 5 week layoff. I like the drill.
    David S.

Shot with a Cajuned up SP01 from my USPSA rig.
    Overtime: 1 on the 4 from ready string (2.60)
    Total score: 99 - 5 = 94

String 1: 1.52
    String 2: 2.60 (-5 overtime)
    String 3: 2.15
    String 4: 2.27 (dropped one 9)

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 8.46.45 AM.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  24.5 KB

Mixed this in with a longer USPSA practice, haven't been able to get out much in the last 2 months. Target is what we had (forgot the B8s) black is 4.75in in diameter, estimated the scoring rings. Fun drill, I'll bookmark this to shoot again. I never practice shooting from low ready so I was very slow getting up and shooting from there, something new to work on. Very pleased with how my one hand shooting went, changed my technique slightly and the results have been excellent.

I shot this drill today cold to start my range session. VP9SK
    Times per string
    #1 - under time
    #2 - 1.96
    #3 - 2.38
    #4 - 1.97

Score: 97. Threw the second weak hand only shot (string #4) high as the most egregious miss. Too bad I didn't use the extra half second I had left. I was afraid of going over time after the 2.38 on the string before though.

I shot it several more times after this but did not get a better score because of inconsistent one handed shooting (and shooting too fast)

Last edited by Steaz; 03-08-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Week 258: Five-Yard Roundup

Shot this today (the 8th... I just got off work, it’s still “today”).

I didn’t keep track of the time on each run, but they were all below Par. String 1 was 1.93 I think.

Shot using a Glock 17.4, with a cut-down beaver tail backstrap and Trijicon HD-XR sights. Holster was an 7TS ALS on a single strap high-ride platform.

The first time I shot this I scored either a 99-3x, or a 100-3x.... not sure if one counts as a line break.

I shot 3 more strings, and got worse each time, with scores in the 92-96 range. Like I mentioned on the 10-8 Dotw, my WHO shooting has gone to crap with the Glock trigger. This drill was obnoxiously eye opening that I need to go back to working on dry-fire SHO/WHO with this gun.

Last edited by BK14; 03-09-2018 at 06:28 AM.

Site Supporter
    I shot this on Friday with several other p-f members. We shot this as our cold drill/test.

LTT/Robar PX4C Mod 5 from AIWB.

I forgot to count Xs, but my first run was a 98 and the second was a 99.

I think this is a very good evaluation for general CCW skill and it's great for classes with multiple students on the line because it's so easy to administer. (same par for each string and one 10 round magazine).

User Tag List