Thread: Surefire M600 Intellibeam

Surefire M600 Intellibeam

Anyone messed with the M600IB and care to share your thoughts? Sounds like a good idea, and they're currently cheaper on Amazon than the standard M600u, but would rather hear from owners. Runtime on the IB version is 1.5hrs vs 1.75 on M600u.

https://www.surefire.com/m600ib-z68-bk-scout-light.html

I too am interested in this, one of the two will be riding on my rifles once I get back from deployment. Following for input.

Alright, since there's been no feedback here and I don't care to figure it out myself, I went ahead and ordered the standard M600 Ultra. I've been happy with my M300a for the last five years, but it's the original 110 lumen mini scout, and I want a little (a lot) more for outdoor use (hunting pigs/coyotes). The standard M600u, compared to the M600IB, is 1) proven, 2) lighter, and 3) has a longer run time.

Still interested to see how the Intellibeam tech works out. Maybe I'll try one down the road on a handheld.

I haven’t actually used mine much for live fire, but it’s been riding on my primary AR for 2-3 years and about 4k rounds. In the first few weeks it did have an issue where it wouldn’t always turn on when I tried to activate it. I sent it to SureFire and have not had the issue since. The technology seems awesome and so far, I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Not a fan of the intellibeam at all. It is a solution to a non existent problem and a hinderance when applying certain low light tactics.

Splash back of light from mirrors and light colored surfaces is an issue easily addressed via weapons handling, use of spill etc.

Surefire M600 Intellibeam

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not a fan of the intellibeam at all. It is a solution to a non existent problem and a hinderance when applying certain low light tactics.

Splash back of light from mirrors and light colored surfaces is an issue easily addressed via weapons handling, use of spill etc.
    You realize that you stated that it’s a non-existent problem and then stated how to fix that same “issue” right?

Also, what hinderance? A lot of the people I’ve seen talk about it being unfit for serious use seem to think that it drops down to 50 lumens on the low end. Even at its dimmest level, it still has 200 lumens.

Last edited by Wake27; 03-04-2018 at 03:56 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You realize that you stated that it’s a non-existent problem and then stated how to fix that same “issue” right?

Also, what hinderance? A lot of the people I’ve seen talk about it being unfit for serious use seem to think that it drops down to 50 lumens on the low end. Even at its dimmest level, it still has 200 lumens.

It is a not an issue because it is a matter of proper low light weapons handling. No need for a mechanical fix (intellibeam) which causes additional problems.

I’m not a fan of auto adjust anything including RMRs. I want to control my own light so I can use it as I see fit.

As already noted the min. Is 100 lumens, not 200. Regardless, I remember when “60 Lumens of blinding light” in a 6P was the new hotness. Those days are over. I want all the Lumens. In fact with my 40 plus eyes I need all the lumens.

Night vision peaks at age 14. By the time most people are in their 40s they need 4x as much light to see what they could see at 14. So I cant see as much with 100 lumens today as I saw with my 60 lumen 6P 20 years ago.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-04-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It is a not an issue because it is a matter of proper low light weapons handling. No need for a mechanical fix (intellibeam) which causes additional problems.

I’m not a fan of auto adjust anything including RMRs. I want to control my own light so I can use it as I see fit.

As already noted the min. Is 100 lumens, not 200. Regardless, I remember when “60 Lumens of blinding light” in a 6P was the new hotness. Those days are over. I want all the Lumens. In fact with my 40 plus eyes I need all the lumens.

Night vision peaks at age 14. By the time most people are in their 40s they need 4x as much light to see what they could see at 14. So I cant see as much with 100 lumens today as I saw with my 60 lumen 6P 20 years ago.
    I’m not a fan of the idea on RMRs either, though I’ve never tried them. The IB adjustment is crazy fast though. And I’ve never felt like it wasn’t more than plenty bright enough, but as I said, I have very little actual low light training time with it.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I've had one mounted to our home defense ar for 2 years now. As one stated above, it adjusts pretty quick when moving from inside a small room to pointing it down a hallway or into a bigger room. Its not too much inside either. Outside that sucker will light up an acre to an acre and a half!

User Tag List