Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wadcutters vs. Hollowpoints for snubnose carry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Much better long range stability than a WC is a main reason to prefer them.
    I can vouch for the fact that HBWCs leave somewhat less than perfectly round holes at 50 yards; when I shot bullseye I used my M14 for Centerfire and saw that myself. Not sure how much relevance that has in the context of self-defense use in a snubby, though.

Site Supporter
    revchuck, in your example, the bullet may have been beginning to lose stability, and you were seeing first signs of key holing.

Wayne, you gave a logical explanation about why a wadcutter bullet trumps a semi wc when discussing tissue disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Defensive loads for 327 are more limited...there is one Double Tap load with what appears to be a discontinued Barnes .312 TAC XP.
    A quick email to Barnes indicates that the .312 TAC XP is sold as OEM only and is not available as a reloading component.

Dr. Roberts recommendation for a snub .38 is wadcutters, penetrates and cuts tissue.

I use the Buffalo Bore wadcutters in my LCR.
    Last edited by Tawadc95; 03-23-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawadc95 View Post
    Dr. Roberts recommendation for a snub .38 is wadcutters, penetrates and cuts tissue.

I know that BB rounds are normally a little warm. How do the BB wadcutters compare to other 38 rounds you have fired?

The BB’s surprised me on the first round because I was expecting a wadcutter loaf like my home brewed which they are definetly not.

With that being said I don’t find them any worse than any other factory self defense load and really wouldn’t want it any other way.

These might be an option for those wanting a full wadcutter:

https://underwoodammo.com/product/ha...ead-wadcutter/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tawadc95 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Too fast, too much recoil, no fun to shoot and practice with; life is filled with trade-offs and compromises...

My compromise in having a snubby around is it’s my wife’s favorite gun to shoot and carry.

Try as I may I can’t convince her otherwise.

I use a 125 gun round nose with 2.7gn of bullseye for shooting the LCR myself as it is very good for trigger discipline and patience.

WOW,

I did not realize until reading his avatar just now that Doc GKR is the real Doc, how cool is that! I read , reread and review often everything I can get my hands on of his cuz it’s so dang factual.

I have 30 years of dental lab experience and would love to see a tooth you prepared for a crown!!

User Tag List