Thread: Broken hammer stud on S&W airweight J frame, fixable or not?

Broken hammer stud on S&W airweight J frame, fixable or not?

Brand new no lock 442 purchased late Nov or early Dec last year. Installed an Apex J frame kit. Probably fired 300 to 400 rounds of full wadcutters with lots of dry fire every other day.

Trigger felt really gritty opened up side plate and hammer stud is completely broken off frame. I'm calling S&W tomorrow.

From my quick research it looks like it's something that will require gun replacement.

I'm just wondering what I can expect as NY state requires a bit of paperwork and a couple trips to my local licensing authority if that's the likely scenario.

I don't know about New York. I recently had my trigger stud on my model 60 break. I called smith and Wesson and the rep emailed me a call tag. I put the tag on a box and took it to our local fed ex shipper. I got an email when they received the gun. About 8-10 weeks later I received my gun shipped to my house not requiring an adult signature.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I don't know about New York. I recently had my trigger stud on my model 60 break. I called smith and Wesson and the rep emailed me a call tag. I put the tag on a box and took it to our local fed ex shipper. I got an email when they received the gun. About 8-10 weeks later I received my gun shipped to my house not requiring an adult signature.
    Sent a handgun or two back to manufacturers for issues and the guns were returned to my house.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Steel guns may have a different level of repairability for this particular feature than do aluminum ones.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List