Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods will no longer sell MSRs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wonder if certain bakeries will stop baking wedding cakes for NRA members...

(Good thing I'm already married, I guess.)
    This pretty much sums it up for me. As long as we are forcing small business to sell goods against their moral beliefs, corporations should not be able to refuse to provide goods in accordance with their beliefs.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    This pretty much sums it up for me. As long as we are forcing small business to sell goods against their moral beliefs, corporations should not be able to refuse to provide goods in accordance with their beliefs.
    Problem is that they have the right to choose what they carry in their inventory and they aren't discriminating between customers for the items they (will) carry.

But yeah, it's still a dick move regardless, and I'd not shop with them...not that I have the remotest idea where the closest one to me might be.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Problem is that they have the right to choose what they carry in their inventory and they aren't discriminating between customers for the items they (will) carry.

But yeah, it's still a dick move regardless, and I'd not shop with them...not that I have the remotest idea where the closest one to me might be.
    Agreed, I was thinking more along the lines of not selling the rifles they do stock to otherwise legal age adult purchasers between 18 and 20, but selling them to 21 and over adults. I know places have done it with tobacco products in the past without repercussions, I am just curious how it does not technically fall under age discrimination.
    Polite Professional

Site Supporter
    It's "hard" to type "Fuck Dicks" without my inner teenager laughing out loud.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Amazon will put them out of business anyway. So long fuckers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah but you can't exactly buy an AR on Amazon either. You still can at good ol' Walmart though!

Site Supporter
    I will never question the right of a business to determine what products they carry, what they want to support, or what they want to participate in.

I also have the right to decide where I spend my $.

I'm mean I haven't been inside a Dick's for years that even had guns for sale.

Unfortunately, if you need sporting goods here in Chicago, your choice is "or Dick's" since Sports Authority shut down. But I only go in there maybe once a year for clearanced workout shirts. Everything else is way too expensive.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm mean I haven't been inside a Dick's for years that even had guns for sale.

Unfortunately, if you need sporting goods here in Chicago, your choice is "or Dick's" since Sports Authority shut down. But I only go in there maybe once a year for clearanced workout shirts. Everything else is way too expensive.
    I'd be going out of my way to buy at local sporting goods stores...

But they have nothing that I can't get from Amazon or my local gun store. Never shopped there before and I see no reason to start.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I haven't shopped at Dick's since the last time the stopped selling evil ARs. They seem to have a serious integrity problem - stop selling ARs since they are evil but then they start selling ARs again because I guess they are ok now but wait stop selling ARs because they are evil again?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    It's "hard" to type "Fuck Dicks" without my inner teenager laughing out loud.
    I simply think of Beavis and Butt-Head.

User Tag List