Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosch season 4 April 13

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    One quibble- it is unfortunate Kaytee Sackoff wasn’t cast for Elanor Wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    That would be interesting. I'd take Kaytee in just about any show. Maybe the lovely Ms. Clarke will channel some of her inner-Nina (24) and surprise us though. Nina was a cold deadly beyotch!

Katee.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Ok, I'll likely take some heat for this, but Sackoff's mannerisms, combined with her character, were pretty annoying by the end of the series. I'm not sure I could see her in a different light on another show.
    Shut your mouth.

Just caught Episode 1. Nice to see Harry back pissing in everyone's Wheaties.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Shut your mouth.

Just caught Episode 1. Nice to see Harry back pissing in everyone's Wheaties.
    I think both actresses have been good in the roles they've played. I think Clarke is a better fit for Elanor Wish. The binge-watching thing is real, though. I watched 6 episodes last night, and 4 today. All done already. Won't spoil any details for those who haven't watched it as quickly, but I will say that I think season 4 was quite good all the way through.

Regarding idahojess' comment earlier in the thread about Bosch's carry position: that seems more likely to have been unintentional and/or a continuity error than anything else to me. If we're thinking about the same scene(s), I noticed it too, and in later episodes, it's back to a much more normal position.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Longmire was an awesome series. Give Walt Longmire a SF background, take him out of rural Wyoming and stick him in LAPD Homicide... Boom, Harry Bosch. Both play the role of old school lawman, are quiet until pressed, work-a-holics, dedicated to their jobs to a fault, will seek ultimate justice where the ends justify the means, both are single Dad's with one daughter (with some wide variations), both carry 1911's, and the list goes on. If you liked Longmire due to his character and the storyline, you will like Bosch.
    It’s funny, Bosch is one of my favorite shows but I HATE Longmire, it is one of the worst shows ever in terms of getting a feel for what LE is like. The whole vibe is wrong and many of the plot lines were simply ridiculous.

I understand the appeal of the Longmire character as a John Wayne type throw back but I just can’t buy it. It’s like the Cowboys and Indians Magazine version of a Wyoming Sheriff.

Bosch on the other hand gets the feel right even if some details are wrong (like holster placement etc.). Things like the politics and the whole Pogo-esque “we have met the enemy and he is us” aspect of trying to do the right thing in a Bureaucracy.

Which reminds me, one of the best things ever in TV cops shows was in the early law and order episodes when they used to occasionally lose cases.

I like Katie Sackhoff but her character in Longmire was weird and annoying. She would have been grossly miscast as Eleanor Wish.

You know what sucks?

Being sick and having a new season of a show I actually like drop on Amazon Prime. 2 days and I'm done! now I need to look for something else to kill the evening for another year.

The one thing about Titus Welliver's Bosch that bothers me is the off hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard. I know that was a thing for a while but it still bothers me. Not sure why as I am far from an expert pistol marksman, but it does.

Next, please tell me there is a reason for season 5.

Without any spoilers, does the story line go further from the books? I still haven't picked any of them up.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    Next, please tell me there is a reason for season 5.

Without any spoilers, does the story line go further from the books? I still haven't picked any of them up.
    The book this season's story is based on is only the 5th or 6th of the series (which consists of 20 or more). So, there's plenty of fodder for future seasons if the demand is there...and it seems to be.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The book this season's story is based on is only the 5th or 6th of the series (which consists of 20 or more). So, there's plenty of fodder for future seasons if the demand is there...and it seems to be.
    So far, I've only read The Black Echo. I liked the way it was written. I need to get around to the reading the rest eventually, and if the Amazon show at the level of quality it's at, I hope it goes on for a lot more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Maybe the lovely Ms. Clarke will channel some of her inner-Nina (24) and surprise us though.
    Argh! And then maybe not.....
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It appears the writers for Bosch are mixing characters and plot lines from various books irrespective of the series chronology. It’s anyones guess where the storyline could go from here; though I’d love to see The Narrows as a season long story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It’s funny, Bosch is one of my favorite shows but I HATE Longmire, it is one of the worst shows ever in terms of getting a feel for what LE is like. The whole vibe is wrong and many of the plot lines were simply ridiculous.

I understand the appeal of the Longmire character as a John Wayne type throw back but I just can’t buy it. It’s like the Cowboys and Indians Magazine version of a Wyoming Sheriff.

Bosch on the other hand gets the feel right even if some details are wrong (like holster placement etc.). Things like the politics and the whole Pogo-esque “we have met the enemy and he is us” aspect of trying to do the right thing in a Bureaucracy.

Which reminds me, one of the best things ever in TV cops shows was in the early law and order episodes when they used to occasionally lose cases.

I like Katie Sackhoff but her character in Longmire was weird and annoying. She would have been grossly miscast as Eleanor Wish.
    In defense of Longmire,it’s totally unrealistic that much crime would be happening in a rural Wyoming district. Absaroka County crime stats would beat Chicago’s if it did.

I think Sackoff would be great as Elanor Wish- or Rachel Walling for that matter. Her work on BSG shows she’s capable of serious acting when the material calls for it.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I never got into the Longmire TV series. I did enjoy the first few of the books until it became so utterly unbelievable that I just had to walk away.

The same can be said for many such series. (Unfortunately.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List