Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosch season 4 April 13

WOOHOO! Ten episodes! I'm not gonna sleep tonight. I'm gonna pass out from a Bosch Coma!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I bet Harry doesn't have an iPad.
    Yeah, but Lucas Davenport does. Of course he's a Fed now.... You know those Fed's have all the cool stuff.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I don't often binge watch TV, but when I do it's Bosch. Now I have to wait for season 5.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Can someone please tell me about the show?

Is the gun handling somewhat realistic? Do they try to insert politics (I don't care what side) or PC culture into the show? I like to escape reality when I watch TV.
    I’m not a .Leo, but I’ve read all the books as well as the series up to Season 3 episode 6.

Harry Bosch is an asshole. He pisses off almost everyone in his life, repeatedly.

He is a former Green Beret, turned cop, turned Detective in Los Angeles, one of the most two-faced, duplicitous cities in America. He grew up the son of a Prostitute, who was murdered when he was young, the fact of which drives him in almost everything he does.

He’s absolutely incorruptible, and treats all those who don’t share his ‘Justice no matter the cost’ views with utter contempt. The show follows Harry and his partner J. Edgar at Hollywood Robbery Homicide, catching cases and working them to completion. Some of these intertwine in the short term, but usually build towards the end of the TV season into a finale. The politics only extend to the typical crap you see in any large organization like the Los Angeles Police Department.

It is definitely a show you need to pay careful attention to. There is a lot of nuanced action and dialog you need to understand to follow the plot.

Whatever gun play is minimal, but rings true for me. Harry carries a cocked and locked .45 I believe, and two magazines. He seems to shoot like someone who knows how.

I like this show a lot.
    Last edited by RJ; 04-14-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I don't often binge watch TV, but when I do it's Bosch. Now I have to wait for season 5.
    Good?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Yeah, but Lucas Davenport does. Of course he's a Fed now.... You know those Fed's have all the cool stuff.
    I had to look up that character. It's been many years since I've read any of John Sandford's work.

It is true, some of the feds had a lot of the cool stuff. I, unfortunately, did not find myself on that list very often.

(Not that I'm complaining...I'm not. The price of admission to some clubs is not worth the price if you know what I mean.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Great summation, Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Harry Bosch is an asshole. He pisses off almost everyone in his life, repeatedly.
    What? Say it isn't so.

Harry's the kind of guy that makes me feel good about how much I pissed off the brass, (and some of the regular swinging dicks), during my career. He always brings a wry smile.

My wife and I were laughing last night about how he always walks around with a look on his face like he just ate something that didn't agree with him.

It's rare that I say this, but I actually enjoy Welliver's portrayal more than the books themselves...which I stopped reading after the first nine or ten.
    Last edited by blues; 04-14-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Confession time: I’ve never heard of this show before now. I guess I need something to kill the last 42 minutes of a long work day now that Mrs Sidheshooter and I have consumed the totality of TV’s “Longmire..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Confession time: I’ve never heard of this show before now. I guess I need something to kill the last 42 minutes of a long work day now that Mrs Sidheshooter and I have consumed the totality of TV’s “Longmire..."

User Tag List