Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Bosch season 4 April 13

Quote Originally Posted by wrmettler View Post
    Blues: the house you posted was the house that the Danny Trejo Character lived in and where he was beaten by Van Zant and his men.
    https://www.seeing-stars.com/Locations/Heat4.shtml
    Heat was an excellent movie.

The Bosch house is at 1870 Blue Heights Drive, LA.
    I can find images of the house on the Interwebs, but I can't download or post them.

I don't think I could live in either house.
    I'd always worry about some guy pulling the house down like Mel Gibson did in Lethal Weapon 2.
    Ah, thanks. I thought from reading, (that's what I get for thinking), that the same house was used in both...but I was thinking it was going to be the house that Amy Brenneman (Eady) lived in.

I'll let someone else whose brain is not as addled fill in the gaps.

Yeah, I'd have some concerns about sledding down the hillside at a time not of my choosing as well. At least my place doesn't have far to go down to the creek.

ETA: We've seen "Heat" a few times and own the dvd. It's a particular favorite of my wife. She gets a kick out of Lt. Vincent Hanna.
    Last edited by blues; 04-22-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Done with season 4 and wishing I hadn’t watched it so fast.
    What an awesome show.
    Makes me wish I was a detective.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I'm a fan of the Bosch show. Good to see actors from The Wire cast in Bosch as well.

You guys have me looking at Southland now.....
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Question for those who know because I've only had some basic first aid training back in my Air Force days. Possible spoilers:

I haven't finished season 4 but the last episode I watched there was a shooting victim. The person who ran up to help didn't put any pressure on the wounds but started chest compressions. I thought you should plug the holes first? Do you check for a pulse and start compressions if no pulse? Thank you.
    --Jason--

I haven't received any training in years but this is the recommendation found on "the survival doctor":

Step Two: Treat
    The three immediate problems to look for are usually, in order of importance: no signs of life, heavy bleeding and a collapsing lung.

Remember, HIV and hepatitis may be caught from blood. So you and your helpers should use gloves or plastic or anything that can be a barrier between your skin and the blood.

Look for signs of life. If there are none, begin chest compressions. Start them as quickly as possible but again, only if there are no signs of life, such as breathing. Note: If the person is in a car, remember that you have to get them onto the ground to give proper chest compressions.
    Have your helper put pressure on any areas of bleeding. (Or you can do this if you’re not performing chest compressions.) In addition to an entrance wound there may or may not be one or more exit wounds, and they’re not always where you think they should be.
    Apply a tourniquet if the wound is on an extremity (arm, leg, hand or foot), bleeding is profuse, and it’s not slowing with direct pressure.
    If the experts still haven’t arrived, plug any gunshot holes. Stuff them with a small wad of cloth or a tampon if available. Not only will that stop some of the bleeding, but if the bullet has injured and collapsed a lung, this step could keep the lung collapse from getting a lot worse.
    Advanced tip: If you hear hissing or see bubbling from a chest wound, consider placing a credit card or something similar over it instead of plugging it with cloth. Click here for more on why; see the box titled “How to Make an Occlusive Dressing out of a Driver’s License.”

To expedite the arrival of expert help, onlookers should allow emergency vehicles to pass.

When first responders arrive, follow orders on how to continue to help. If nothing else, you may be able to help allow enough room for treatment and transfer.

Recap
    To recap, these are the basic steps to take when someone is shot:

Ensure your safety.
    Call 911.
    Begin chest compressions if needed.
    Stop the bleeding (look for entrance and exit wounds; use direct pressure and/or a tourniquet).
    Plug gunshot holes with cloth or a tampon.
    Last edited by blues; 05-13-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I haven't received any training in years but this is the recommendation found on "the survival doctor":
    Recommendations to plug GSWs with tampons make my blood pressure go up and give me Forrest Whittaker eye.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Recommendations to plug GSWs with tampons make my blood pressure go up and give me Forrest Whittaker eye.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    Yeah, I had a little reaction to that myself while waiting for the suggestion to use a Marlboro wrapper for sucking chest wounds. Still, I've got to assume the good doctor knows more than I do about treating such.

tampon thing caught my eye too.

As did seasons 1-3. This show is all we’ve watched in the wee hours since I heard about it here...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Yeah, I had a little reaction to that myself while waiting for the suggestion to use a Marlboro wrapper for sucking chest wounds. Still, I've got to assume the good doctor knows more than I do about treating such.
    Seriously you need to get some updated trauma training and who ever The so called “Survival Doctor” is, he is full of shit.

The current protocol is MARCH which begins with Massive Bleeds.

More info here: http://havokjournal.com/fitness/medi...rch-algorithm/
    Last edited by HCM; 05-13-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Seriously you need to get some updated trauma training and who ever The so called “Survival Doctor” is, he is full of shit.

The current protocol is MARCH which begins with Massive Bleeds.

More info here: http://havokjournal.com/fitness/medi...rch-algorithm/
    Thanks for the link. My last trauma training was when I was CERT trained about 15 years ago. I'm hoping to avoid such scenarios...but I keep a kit in the vehicle just in case it can't be avoided.

User Tag List