Thread: Remington vs. LeVista vs. Hornady vs. Olin

Remington vs. LeVista vs. Hornady vs. Olin

I know the ammunition performs differently because different patented technologies are used...I even can research which brand and round does what. I want to know about the variance of each company. When you really really need the weapon to go "bang"...which company produces the safest choice? Who is most on top of the qa/qc game? Does it vary by product type, such as with companies under LeVistas umbrella excelling at handgun round uniformity, while Remington excels with shotgun shells? Does anyone really have an area that has them on a "do not buy" list figuratively or literally?

In recent years Olin (Winchester) QC has slipped a bit, so these days probably:

Vista>Black Hills & Hornady>Winchester>Remington
    Last edited by DocGKR; 02-26-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    In recent years Olin (Winchester) QC has slipped a bit, so these days probably:

Vista>Black Hills & Hornady>Winchester>Remington
    Is this across the board, rifle/pistol/shotgun, and what are the margins of that placement? Barely perceptible, or are we talking Toyota at the front and Fiat at the back of the line?

Specifically, when it comes to LE slug qa/qc/reliability, where would you rank them (disregarding preference for/against the Truball DP and other innovations that Vista has on the other contenders).
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 02-26-2018 at 12:49 PM.

User Tag List