Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Graphics for pro-gun social media posts.

It's time for our politicians to stop being the bitch of the ACLU and NAACP.

Name:  RKBA Stop and Frisk.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  54.7 KB

Sure, "Stop and Frisk" had problems with high false-positive rates and low arrest rates -- just like background checks. And there were concerns about civil rights. But I think all sensible people can agree that it's time to move on and put such trivialities behind us, because gun-violence is too important an issue. Any comprehensive gun-owner control legislation should include a provision to allow police officers to "Stop and Frisk" anyone suspected of carrying a gun ... for the children's sake. It's good enough for the Europeans, so it must be good enough for Americans.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if any of the above is true. But since the gun-owner control lobby has demonstrated that facts don't matter, why should I worry about them?
    Last edited by BCG; 03-24-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    It's good enough for the Europeans, so it must be good enough for Americans.
    Are you serious with that statement? The Europeans, for the most part, aren't in favor of legal carry.

Wait, you are being sarcastic!
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 03-24-2018 at 04:44 PM.

I didn't see this website posted: https://crimeresearch.org

It breaks down the flaws in a lot of these studies that promote gun control, or say that more guns = more homicides.

The devil is in the details, with these studies. They have a lot of articles, and very well written and organized. For example, they break down the Small Arms Survey, which is often cited as proof that no other country matches our homicide rate - but, 1) they exclude Israel and Switzerland, because technically the government owns the guns (despite being in a personal home), 2) firearms per 100,000 is not the same ,as % of gun ownership, as obviously, many people have multiple guns.

Here's another once about Democrats not being serious about "getting guns off the streets and out of the hands of criminals".

I'm not happy with the wording in this one, so I'm open to suggestions for improvement.

Name:  Donk StopNFrisk.png
Views: 187
Size:  90.3 KB

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Here's a thread I started a few years ago with links to various pro-gun opinions and such. Not many graphics in there, but the links include data sets periodically.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List