Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro AR-15 arguments

Site Supporter
    People who do not own and use guns(often urban persons)will not subscribe to the arguments that we offer to justify our 2A concerns. It goes without saying that even some gun owners have no use for AR's and high capacity magazines. Hence, this time we may be divided on this battle. Our rebuttal to arguments against AR's will not overcome the emotional impact of dead children. We can expect questions like "what number of dead children is acceptable before the law is changed?" Again I say that we must be careful not to appear like giant assholes when we speak about the issue. I own and enjoy the same equipment as do others here. But, I'm at a loss to answer dead children questions like the one posed. So I avoid the discussions. Let me point out that I continue to have 2A fervor but am more careful now about how I discuss the issue. I fear doing more harm than good.

^^^^which is one of the major reasons I don't (very often) debate the topic and prefer to support organizations retaining competent attorneys prepared to argue the case before the appropriate court.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    People who do not own and use guns(often urban persons)will not subscribe to the arguments that we offer to justify our 2A concerns. It goes without saying that even some gun owners have no use for AR's and high capacity magazines. Hence, this time we may be divided on this battle. Our rebuttal to arguments against AR's will not overcome the emotional impact of dead children. We can expect questions like "what number of dead children is acceptable before the law is changed?" Again I say that we must be careful not to appear like giant assholes when we speak about the issue. I own and enjoy the same equipment as do others here. But, I'm at a loss to answer dead children questions like the one posed. So I avoid the discussions. Let me point out that I continue to have 2A fervor but am more careful now about how I discuss the issue. I fear doing more harm than good.

Are you referring to "high" capacity magazines like 120 round drums, or standard capacity magazines such as 20 or 30 rounds?

Questions like that are extremely easy to field since 'dead children' are not the result of these being lawful, because gun control laws are clearly not to blame in basically every school shooting, and because 'dead children' primarily come from handguns (that is, when the dead children aren't coming from cars since that's the top killer of teens)
    Last edited by Steaz; 02-26-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Guns save lives and prevent violent crimes. ARs are among the best choice for home defense.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...esponse-115082
    https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm
    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...rime-deterrent
    https://mic.com/articles/64663/5-peo...ves#.Xv4iKP6lc

And, contrary to what is circulating in the media, the Clinton AWB did not reduce crime or mass shootings and these did not increase after it expired.
    http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...nt-assault-we/

For these and other reasons, I do not accept the argument that banning "assault rifles" would save kids.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

One argument from the anti-gun people that I'm seeing commonly is something to the effect that "4 out of 5 soldiers say that the AR-15 is a gun designed solely for killing. The .223/5.56 is super extra devastating compared to other bullets".
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 02-26-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    One argument from the anti-gun people that I'm seeing commonly is something to the effect that "4 out of 5 soldiers say that the AR-15 is a gun designed solely for killing. The .223/5.56 is super extra devastating compared to other bullets".
    Yep. The usual lame appeal to authority, which is funny, since most of them (on any other day) detest the Armed Forces.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Yep. The usual lame appeal to authority, which is funny, since most of them (on any other day) detest the Armed Forces.
    Also funny because the military seems enamored with constantly searching for a “increased lethality” new round/chambering.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Pro AR-15 arguments...

Does the absolute love of the psychological phenomenon that even a mere photo of one continually drives the leftists into newer, uncharted levels of batshit count?
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Also funny because the military seems enamored with constantly searching for a “increased lethality” new round/chambering.
    There's a "bloody shirt" story about featuring a doctor who was shocked, SHOCKED! at the massive and unprecedented amounts of damage the .223 did.
    I wondered if she had never seen a wound caused by a 12 gauge, or other centerfire rifle.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I think that some gun owners are not concerned unduely concerned about AR's or their magazine capacity regardless of how many rounds they hold. This statement may be particularly true for those who do not own them. If this comment is valid, then we are divided. Our strategists must consider this possibility. The late Neal Knox of the NRA once said that the difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats will take your guns faster than will republicans. Note that republicans are in control, and we have a republican president. Guess what? We may receive a big dose of restrictive gun legislation anyway.
    Last edited by willie; 02-26-2018 at 05:03 PM.

User Tag List