Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro AR-15 arguments

Site Supporter
    About AR legislation. Of course, none here favors it. My opinion is that some restrictions are coming. Have we seen the last mass shooting with an AR? I doubt it. Politicians will determine purchasing rules. Some could be worse than others. Said another way, some might be more acceptable than others.

Site Supporter
    I'm sure you could find folks who support bans in TX. Beto almost beat Ted. Of course, that is confounded the analysis that Ted is combination of every kid you hated in high school (just read that).

As far as higher capacity bans - they have surface appeal to limit causalities. Politicians will vote for them in moral panic. The two arguments that they are needed for SD and defense against tyranny are not seen as convincing for many in the public domain.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    ..."Americans have always had guns. Why are mass/school shootings all of a sudden such a thing in the last 15-20 years?"...
    Look at the family value decline, including the loss of the father figure.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    The unintended consequence: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-gun-industry/

Horrifies the writer. Totally predictable given previous surges.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The unintended consequence: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-gun-industry/

Horrifies the writer. Totally predictable given previous surges.
    Pay Wall.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Of course, that is confounded the analysis that Ted is combination of every kid you hated in high school (just read that).
    I know some people who have friends who went to high school with Ted's wife. Didn't like her or what she said her plans were in life. Of course, that gets trotted out as evidence of what a despicable human being Ted is.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I saw a thing on IG this weekend, but wasn't at a place to watch it and then of course couldn't find it when I tried to go back later, but it was based on the premise, "Americans have always had guns. Why are mass/school shootings all of a sudden such a thing in the last 15-20 years?"

Anyone have any insight into this thought? I actually had the thought myself a few days ago, which is why I wanted to see what the person was saying.
    I think one of the other threads had several posts addressing this question. Basically, active killer events aren’t a new phenomenon and have been happened for a very long time. The earliest one I know about happened in Brunswick, GA in 1915. The shooter primarily used a double barrel shotgun in which he only fired one barrel at a time, allowing him to tactically reload while keeping a round ready in one of the barrels. If someone attempted to stop him while he reloaded, all he had to do was close the action and he could fire the shell that remained in the other barrel.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'm sure you could find folks who support bans in TX. Beto almost beat Ted. Of course, that is confounded the analysis that Ted is combination of every kid you hated in high school (just read that).
    And Beto is the kid in your high school class who wants to take away your high capacity firearms and mags when he grows up.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    About AR legislation. Of course, none here favors it. My opinion is that some restrictions are coming. Have we seen the last mass shooting with an AR? I doubt it. Politicians will determine purchasing rules. Some could be worse than others. Said another way, some might be more acceptable than others.
    My feeling is congress will pass some new regulations. Probably an age limit (21) on semi-auto rifles, and a UBC. Big deal. If they really get fired up, maybe magazine restrictions, but that seems unnecessary when states are already doing that. I don't see another AWB coming. That would just about kill some GOP senators future for re-election. The AR is a sacred cow for many voters. It's more or less a symbol of a person's 2A rights.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    My feeling is congress will pass some new regulations. Probably an age limit (21) on semi-auto rifles, and a UBC. Big deal. If they really get fired up, maybe magazine restrictions, but that seems unnecessary when states are already doing that. I don't see another AWB coming. That would just about kill some GOP senators future for re-election. The AR is a sacred cow for many voters. It's more or less a symbol of a person's 2A rights.
    UBC is a big deal. Depending on the language it may criminalize loaning firearms without a background check.

User Tag List