Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 causes me physical pain...am I doing it wrong?

Site Supporter

Glock 19 causes me physical pain...am I doing it wrong?

Not the gun itself, just trying to CCW with it.

I've tried:
    Glock Factory OWB (not bad for such a cheap item): rides a bit low and doesn't feel secure
    Galco Snap-on: doesn't hold the gun tight to my body, prints too much.
    JMCK OWB 2: secure, but bottom end presses against my hip something fierce and causes me physical pain after wearing it all day. It feels like it pulls my pants oddly as well (as in twists them around a bit).
    Bravo Company DOS IWB: I can chose comfort while standing or comfort while sitting, but not both. Have tried AIWB and IWB closer to 3-o'clock.

I use these with one of two belts, both are semi-custom gun belts (mainly with my stiffener-equipped 1.5" Beltman belt). Part of my problem is that I'm not a big guy at 5'10" and 175lbs, and not very deep front-to-back, so it's challenging to conceal the Glock. Also, what excess mass I have (dad bod) is situated between my beltline and ribcage, which tends to push the gun out.

I don't have patience or money to go on a holster safari. I thought the JMCK was going to be my solution, but apparently not. I need to determine what I'm doing wrong so I can effectively carry this gun.

Thoughts?

Chris

Meet me at Elite some time, I’ll bring a plethora of shit for you to try.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Meet me at Elite some time, I’ll bring a plethora of shit for you to try.
    Ditto. I've got a merde ton of holsters you can choose from. Keep the one you like.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Thanks! That would work.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Ditto. I've got a merde ton of holsters you can choose from. Keep the one you like.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I wonder if it's the kydex or plastic holsters? I've only ever used leather in the past with other guns, but haven't yet tried a leather Glock holster.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Not the gun itself, just trying to CCW with it.

I've tried:
    Glock Factory OWB (not bad for such a cheap item): rides a bit low and doesn't feel secure
    Galco Snap-on: doesn't hold the gun tight to my body, prints too much.
    JMCK OWB 2: secure, but bottom end presses against my hip something fierce and causes me physical pain after wearing it all day. It feels like it pulls my pants oddly as well (as in twists them around a bit).
    Bravo Company DOS IWB: I can chose comfort while standing or comfort while sitting, but not both. Have tried AIWB and IWB closer to 3-o'clock.

I use these with one of two belts, both are semi-custom gun belts (mainly with my stiffener-equipped 1.5" Beltman belt). Part of my problem is that I'm not a big guy at 5'10" and 175lbs, and not very deep front-to-back, so it's challenging to conceal the Glock. Also, what excess mass I have (dad bod) is situated between my beltline and ribcage, which tends to push the gun out.

I don't have patience or money to go on a holster safari. I thought the JMCK was going to be my solution, but apparently not. I need to determine what I'm doing wrong so I can effectively carry this gun.

Thoughts?

Chris
    My G 19 Holster search ended with a Vedder Light Tuck IWB.
    I’m big or fat 5’10 280 and I stop carrying my 19 until I got a Vedder. I have one for a Sig P320 and had to get one for the Glock after being low on cash after the holidays. Finally got one last week and it’s very comfortable. My Trijicon HD sights don’t dig in my side because there’s cover for them. Very adjustable to with cant and ride height.
    Fantastic retention and a excellent belt clip.
    For a Belt I use a Kore Gun Belt.
    I have a Vedder coming for my M&P on Monday. In my opinion a great holster.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Thanks!

I wonder if it's the kydex or plastic holsters? I've only ever used leather in the past with other guns, but haven't yet tried a leather Glock holster.

Chris
    Material has nothing to do with it, it’s almost certainly holster design, trouser height, and belt construction.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolB View Post
    My G 19 Holster search ended with a Vedder Light Tuck IWB.
    I’m big or fat 5’10 280 and I stop carrying my 19 until I got a Vedder. I have one for a Sig P320 and had to get one for the Glock after being low on cash after the holidays. Finally got one last week and it’s very comfortable. My Trijicon HD sights don’t dig in my side because there’s cover for them. Very adjustable to with cant and ride height.
    Fantastic retention and a excellent belt clip.
    For a Belt I use a Kore Gun Belt.
    I have a Vedder coming for my M&P on Monday. In my opinion a great holster.
    Thanks, I'll take a look at them.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Material has nothing to do with it, it’s almost certainly holster design, trouser height, and belt construction.
    Ok, it was a though since this is the first time I've used non-leather holsters.

Chris

I don't think it's the holster. There must be something in the way you carry... cant, ride height, belt too loose or tight, position. Get an experienced carrier who carries every day look at what you're doing before buying more equipment.

User Tag List