Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EDC Keyring

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

no house key?
    Not kept on my key ring, no. One stashed in vehicle, and one stashed in garage. Due to the layout of our house and property, we come and go through the garage 99% of the time. Wife carries a house key, but I like to keep mine super simple.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You don't have two keys per vehicle?

Make several copies of your house key, put a house key with each set of car keys, you're good to go.
    We do. However, even if wifey is driving, I will not leave the house without my keys for the house and the vehicle we're using. This is in case the driver loses their keys (purse stolen, misplaced, etc).

There have been times, however, where I've pocketed one set and we took the another vehicle for $Reasons.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Not kept on my key ring, no. One stashed in vehicle, and one stashed in garage. Due to the layout of our house and property, we come and go through the garage 99% of the time. Wife carries a house key, but I like to keep mine super simple.
    Gotcha. I tend to not use the garage door unless I'm going to park there or need to bring something out via the garage.

Chris

I always hated getting stabbed in the pocket by my keys or in the hand reaching into my pocket. Went with this and am very happy with it for 2 years now.

https://getkeysmart.com

I use a small shackle w/ 4-5 keys and an exotac ring for quick +/- of things compared to a regular split ring.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I use the Nitize Keyrack

http://www.niteize.com/product/S-Bin...Rack-Steel.asp

For my keys and swap out what I need and don't need for the day. I've finally gotten everyone in the household using them in one form or another.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RolandD; 02-24-2018 at 09:30 PM.

https://www.amazon.com/Monadnock-D-J.../dp/B009VEI9S6

Handy for those carrying a revolver where permissible.

Right now I'm the only one in the house that can drive, though assuming everything goes well with my wife's surgery in April she could be driving by the end of the year. So all the keychains are set up for me:

For family vehicle, a carabiner with a short web loop and:
    Wireless fob
    House key
    Garage key
    Shop key
    Car "gun safe" key
    Travel "gun safe" key

For the truck:
    Key and fob
    House key
    Garage key
    Shop key
    Car "gun safe" key

I used to have more stuff like a micro multitool, a key for my desk drawers at work, a mini flashlight, etc. but that got ridiculous and annoying. Most of my flashlight needs are now filled by two phones (work and personal) and when I'm not at work I have a "real" multitool.

I just wish Hyundai would have made the "car finder" and "open tailgate" button on the remote harder to accidentally press, because discovering that your trunk is hanging wide open or setting off your alarm at 0500 is not a good thing. I also had to file down the "release physical key" button because it kept letting go and dropping the fob part.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Here is how I carry my keys. Simple key ring for the car keys and a JRC leather key holder for the rest. They all go in my pocket.
    Attachment 24045
    Well that just cost me some money. That JRC key holder is exactly what I need. I have moved towards keeping my car keys separate from everything else, and the JRC key holder allows me to easily carry the keys I always need.

Anyone use the Keybar? I've been thinking about getting one.

User Tag List