Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIWB holsters for Polymer 80 frames

AIWB holsters for Polymer 80 frames

Gents, there seems to be a lack of good, PF-quality level holsters for these very popular Glock frames. It might be worth your while to investigate.

@Rich@CCC @Mack @Tony Mayer

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...er_1=POLYMER80
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You forgot @Dark Star Gear.

Tag did not work, let's try again @Dark Star Gear
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    LL, have you finished your P80 build yet? If so, how was the the build and did you run into any issues? I've been tempted to pick one up to build up over time.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    LL, have you finished your P80 build yet? If so, how was the the build and did you run into any issues? I've been tempted to pick one up to build up over time.

Chris
    No, waiting on the slide and lower parts now. I'll do a big thread with pics if you like.
    #RESIST

I have no experience with polymer 80 frames but there is a thread on m4c that the blogger militarymorons ran into significant clearance issues and also holsters did not fit. Worth checking out just to know potential areas that may need extra attention.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No, waiting on the slide and lower parts now. I'll do a big thread with pics if you like.
    If you have the time and desire, that would be awesome. I've seen the G17 lowers go for $80 via Gun.deals. With the Brownells slides, that sort of project suddenly becomes affordable.

Chris

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    We made a few last year as special mods on the Orion base but it never took off. That's largely due to non-existent advertising on our part though. It wouldn't take more than 10-20 units to make it feasible though.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I have no experience with polymer 80 frames but there is a thread on m4c that the blogger militarymorons ran into significant clearance issues and also holsters did not fit. Worth checking out just to know potential areas that may need extra attention.
    The aftermarket slides in general have a tighter radius or a chamfer that makes them effectively larger than a stock slide. The Poly80 frame is also thicker at the trigger guard and might be a touch taller as well. All of this makes for a tough fit in holsters.
    Last edited by Dark Star Gear; 02-24-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    If you have the time and desire, that would be awesome. I've seen the G17 lowers go for $80 via Gun.deals. With the Brownells slides, that sort of project suddenly becomes affordable.

Chris
    I’ll be updating this thread as I complete it, some notes here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-for-RMR/page2
    #RESIST

I see that I missed @JRCHolsters too, my apologies, I was posting from my daughter’s basketball game.
    #RESIST

We are working on molds now, should have something up on the site within the next 2-3 weeks!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List