Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: Cardio Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    My problem has always been is that I have not been diligent enough to ever get past the point of things being a bitch every time. One recent change is, since my job involves travel, is if it is at all practical I have been trying to stay in a hotel for consecutive nights. It might involve more driving during the day, but facilitates exercise in the hotel. I used to think it was too much hassle, but then I had some moment of clarity and realized when I was home I had all kinds of drags on my time, but now I try and trade a bar for the treadmill.

Also, all of the streaming entertainment REALLY helps. I have a set of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    that work with my phone while I am on the treadmill, then I go back to the room and pair them to my laptop and finish watching the movie.
    @rob_s They might work with your TV also?

I work in a very stagnant environment at times. Heck, we have recliners and beds in the firehouse and sometimes on cold,busy,rainy,hot,snowy etc days it's easy to fire up the recliner and just plop out and do nothing. It's in those instances that I have to dig a bit deeper and get off my butt. Again the 8-10 minute met-cons do wonders for time management etc.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Hammertime
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-years-younger

""Lifelong exercisers had a cardiovascular system that looked 30 years younger," says Trappe. This is noteworthy because, for the average adult, the ability to process oxygen declines by about 10 percent per decade after age 30."

"As for muscle health, the findings were even more significant, says Trappe. Trappe says researchers were surprised to find the 75-year-old muscles of lifelong exercisers were about the same as the muscles of the 25-year-olds. "If I showed you the muscle data that we have, you wouldn't know it was from an older individual. You would think it's from somebody that's a young exerciser," he says."

There is no endpoint. Exercise or start dying. Sucks, but true. Learn to love the suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-years-younger

""Lifelong exercisers had a cardiovascular system that looked 30 years younger," says Trappe. This is noteworthy because, for the average adult, the ability to process oxygen declines by about 10 percent per decade after age 30."

"As for muscle health, the findings were even more significant, says Trappe. Trappe says researchers were surprised to find the 75-year-old muscles of lifelong exercisers were about the same as the muscles of the 25-year-olds. "If I showed you the muscle data that we have, you wouldn't know it was from an older individual. You would think it's from somebody that's a young exerciser," he says."

There is no endpoint. Exercise or start dying. Sucks, but true. Learn to love the suck.
    God I hate that kind of shit.

Forgetting your off-base conclusions, the whole "love the suck" thing just... sucks. not one person ever got motivated to work out because some jockohomo or muscle head said "embrace the suck" or whatever other t-shirt catchphrase they read at the gym or the box.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    God I hate that kind of shit.

Forgetting your off-base conclusions, the whole "love the suck" thing just... sucks. not one person ever got motivated to work out because some jockohomo or muscle head said "embrace the suck" or whatever other t-shirt catchphrase they read at the gym or the box.
    Okay then, try this: exercise so you have a future with your kids and grandkids, and so that you are healthy enough to contribute to others. Make exercise an indispensable part of a healthy lifestyle including meaningful work, times of rest, not eating shit, and getting enough sleep.

Is that more palatable?

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Okay then, try this: exercise so you have a future with your kids and grandkids, and so that you are healthy enough to contribute to others. Make exercise an indispensable part of a healthy lifestyle including meaningful work, times of rest, not eating shit, and getting enough sleep.

Is that more palatable?
    If you left out the diet advice, ironically enough.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If you left out the diet advice, ironically enough.
    I LOL'd and continue to do so. Well played sir!

any updates from those with the echo?

I'm looking at purchasing an echo after I thin the herd of firearms that I no longer use. Had a rower for a brief moment in time but wasn't the ticket for me

Love the concept 2. Really want a Echo bike as well. Moving into the garage this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a Concept 2 bike a month ago. Swimming remains my primary cardio but when I can't make it to the pool, I jump on that bike. It positively kicks my ass. Average level of resistance at 70+ rpm makes me quit after 21 min, and then I almost feel sick after for a few minutes.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

A good pair of hiking boots and chasing these two through the state forest has been the best cardio ever! Rain or shine hot or cold we go.

Name:  IMG_1995.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  101.8 KB

During Hunting Season.

Name:  IMG_1560.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  92.2 KB
    Last edited by JohnO; 04-20-2019 at 06:50 PM.

User Tag List