Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Might as well pack up Pistol Forum now, the media has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    When the last "enemy of the people" is herded off to the gulag - I strongly believe that the ultimate demise of our experiment in Constitutional Republican Democracy because we allowed the grossly ignorant and incompetent the ability to speak from a position of knowledge and authority.
    the problem isn't we let them speak... it's that people LISTEN and BELIEVE.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ^^^^Who'd have thought of asking the Amish for info on the news media? I think they just got word that Moses climbed down from Mt. Sinai with the tablets.

(I kid, I kid the Amish from love...and the Slim Jim commercial. You know which one I mean.)

I live about 12-15miles from where 1/4of the worlds Amish live..Most of them have cell phones, (they're non-electric, so, it's ok,wink-wink) and, you'd be suprised how many of them can use a computer, as far as charging their phones, and laptops, I guess they either fire up their little generator, or go over to their Mennonite in laws house, and use their power.... Still, I would'nt want to have to plow a 10 acre field with a horse and plow, or bale hay with a horse and wagon, with a little gasoline engine powered hay baler on it, those folks know what hard work is...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Sadly, that chart must suffer massively from confirmation bias.

I dipped back into The Economist awhile back, after seven or eight years away from it, and found its liberal slant intolerable. Half of it is straight up editorializing, and even in the articles that would seem to be straight "information," the last paragraph is "and here's the correct opinion for you to have about all of that." I know I've changed, but I don't think it was only me.
    Gave up the economist a few years back for the same reasons. I think the reason it’s so trusted is because the people who read it are just so smug.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Gave up the economist a few years back for the same reasons. I think the reason it’s so trusted is because the people who read it are just so smug.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    “MSNBC: Handguns Are Too Slow To Stop A School Shooter”

“Anchor Lawrence O’Donnell said on his show Thursday night that “a bullet fired from an AR-15 travels 3x faster than one from a handgun…and yet the president and the NRA think giving teachers guns will stop a school shooter.”
    How do these people find jobs with reasoning skills like that?
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter;713081[img
    https://ei.marketwatch.com/Multimedia/2017/08/03/Photos/MG/MW-FR660_Truste_20170803172454_MG.jpg[/img]
    "Least and most trusted" have nothing to do with "trustworthy."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    How do these people find jobs with reasoning skills like that?
    Ideological purity & Partynost trumps logic and reason, apparently.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

User Tag List