Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Might as well pack up Pistol Forum now, the media has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Is the 3x speed negated if we're good at circle strafing?
    That technique was solid gold in FPS games for a lot of years. My recent experience in PUBG suggests that its efficacy is inversely proportional to the realism of the game, and highly dependent on the skill level of the opposing player.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Despite being a fairly good shooter IRL, I’ve always sucked at FPS games. I’ll take any and all challengers in Mario Kart though.

Meanwhile, I’ll continue to defend myself with the foppish dandy of the bullet world, 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    When the last "enemy of the people" is herded off to the gulag - I strongly believe that the ultimate demise of our experiment in Constitutional Republican Democracy because we allowed the grossly ignorant and incompetent the ability to speak from a position of knowledge and authority.
    Perhaps we should limit them only to technology existant at the signing of the Constitution? I seem to have heard one of the paint sniffers opining that we should be limited to muskets and arms available to the folks of that time when exercising our 2nd Amendment rights.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Name:  262C5A5E-A624-4B37-89AD-FD6DCA928F1B.jpeg
Views: 365
Size:  59.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    When the last "enemy of the people" is herded off to the gulag - I strongly believe that the ultimate demise of our experiment in Constitutional Republican Democracy because we allowed the grossly ignorant and incompetent the ability to speak from a position of knowledge and authority.
    Quote was more about science, but still applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    The media misinformation and propaganda based lies has reached third reich level..... I cannot even watch/read/listen anymore
    Their dirty tricks:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_techniques

An explanation, why they do it:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_model

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    "The chocolate rations have been increased from 40 grams to 30 grams!"

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post

Meanwhile, I’ll continue to defend myself with the foppish dandy of the bullet world, 9mm.
    Outstanding!

That made me smile for way longer than it had any right to. I think you’ve given the venerable chambering its best nickname in 116 years.

"Just picked up a fairly rare j-frame; it’s the 940 centennial, chambered in FD..."
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 02-24-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    That technique was solid gold in FPS games for a lot of years. My recent experience in PUBG suggests that its efficacy is inversely proportional to the realism of the game, and highly dependent on the skill level of the opposing player.
    Yup. I use this tactic to good effect in TF2 with a Pyro when going up against Heavies or Soldiers. It's less effective against Scouts because they're so twitchy and fast. "stand still boy, how can I roast you with you bouncing around all crazy-like!" [/foghorn leghorn]

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Perhaps we should limit them only to technology existant at the signing of the Constitution? I seem to have heard one of the paint sniffers opining that we should be limited to muskets and arms available to the folks of that time when exercising our 2nd Amendment rights.
    When I need a dose of reality on the threat to truth and honesty under the guise of responsible reportage, I just turn on Don Lemon for a few minutes until my blood pressure threatens to put me into a stall. He came up with similar drivel last night re: the 2A as a response to a guest's take on America no longer being "a nation of immigrants". I'd call him a jackass but that wouldn't convey how much i loathe folks pushing an agenda created out of whole cloth.

That said, I get much the same reaction from many or most of the talking heads on FOX. So, I'm an equal opportunity hater.

If only there was a news network that gave it to you straight, without the lies and agenda mongering.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

If only there was a news network that gave it to you straight, without the lies and agenda mongering.
    And the irony here is that a news network like this would probably be a cash cow!

My father (who was from the Soviet Union) used to tell me that the big difference between the Russians and the Americans is that the Russians knew they were being lied to.

User Tag List