Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best - cheapest - place to buy small Glock parts

Site Supporter

Best - cheapest - place to buy small Glock parts

I want to try a RDS on a pistol plus a suppressor host. Have a Gen 3 G34 in the safe so I ordered a G17.3 aftermarket slide with RDS cut for DP Pro. Have a DP Pro on hand. Ordered a threaded barrel. I need the small parts to complete the upper. Dug through the Glock parts bin and I have about half the needed parts on hand. Any feedback on best place to buy the assorted small Glock parts to finish the G17.3 upper? Just buy a "G17 upper completion kit"?

Ghost inc has extremely good customer service in my experience and should have the parts you need. NDZ Performance is another good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Midway and Midwest Gun Parts were significantly cheaper than some other sites.

Midwest Gun Works has a cool schematic that allows you to click on the picture to reach the correct part. Midwest Gun Works was also the cheapest for most parts. They shipped a little slower than Midway, parts came in a paper envelope with just a handwritten part number, and if I remember correctly, they have a flat shipping rate.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/gun-parts.html

Midway was cheaper on a few other items. Shipping was a bit more expensive. Parts came quickly, in a neatly labeled zip lock bag.

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSear...temsPerPage=48

I ended up spending 30 minutes building orders on both sites, purchased the exact parts I wanted, and saved myself maybe $15 vs. ordering all parts from one vender.

The way to save money on Glock parts is not on the parts themselves, but on shipping. The parts are so cheap that it makes sense to order enough to rebuild 4-5 guns at once, which should cost a couple of hundred bucks. If you only order parts when you need them, then shipping will eat your lunch. When you factor in shipping, the per-unit costs pencil out way better.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    The way to save money on Glock parts is not on the parts themselves, but on shipping. The parts are so cheap that it makes sense to order enough to rebuild 4-5 guns at once, which should cost a couple of hundred bucks. If you only order parts when you need them, then shipping will eat your lunch. When you factor in shipping, the per-unit costs pencil out way better.

Okie John
    The other advantage of having a parts stash is just swapping out can make some pretty big differences in Glock triggers.

Keep an eye out for Brownells as they have been offering free shipping recently on any size order.

Site Supporter
    One challenge is so far none of the sites have all the parts. Brownells has everything I need but the extractor spring - as pointed out, shipping for one spring adds up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    One challenge is so far none of the sites have all the parts. Brownells has everything I need but the extractor spring - as pointed out, shipping for one spring adds up fast.
    I've always had good luck finding what I needed at glockparts.com. Might not be absolutely the cheapest but as others have noted, Glock parts are cheap anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I've always had good luck finding what I needed at glockparts.com. Might not be absolutely the cheapest but as others have noted, Glock parts are cheap anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Glock Parts sells their "survival kits" which I like and have for each model I own plus a few extra RSAs and whatnot. While I haven't priced it out I think it may be close to what you would incur buying each separately plus you get a pouch. I like the pouch because I can pretend I'm organized.

http://www.glockstore.com/Survival-Parts-Kit-for-Glocks
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    I got everything from Brownells except one spring plus I got a set of Ameriglo "suppressor" sights for backup. Brownells running a free shipping with $49 order.

User Tag List