Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help choosing new limited gun

OK, plan C: Read the rules. I shoot mostly IDPA so I had to actually spend five minutes looking up the relevant paragraph in USPSA.

Competitors deemed by the Match Director to be full-time law enforcement officers with arrest powers or military personnel on current active duty orders, may be entitled to use their duty holsters or similar holster and related equipment when such equipment does not strictly satisfy the equipment or other requirements of the declared Division.
    The Range Master will remain the final authority in respect of the safety and suitability of using such equipment at USPSA matches. The use of such equipment, except as otherwise permitted in the rules, is restricted to Level I matches only.

So, first, ask the MD where you will shoot if he is ok with a duty rig with forward magazines in Production.

I do not see you benefiting from a conversion barrel. You say "would like to get a more dedicated gun" so if you want to shoot 9mm, buy a 9mm gun. Purchasing a .40 and then a 9mm barrel for it does not compute. It takes the Buy Big, Shoot Small crowd a good deal of shooting to amortize the additional barrel and magazines.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Having fun is the most important thing but I’m not going to lie I have a competitive streak in me when it comes to shooting. The match I ran in last month had the LE guys run there mags behind the hip that were shooting carry optics (which I think is close to production rule wise besides the mag restrictions)

User Tag List