Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Catfishing, trolling, propaganda - and firearms SMEs

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Resignations won't do anything at this point.

This has already done considerable damage on social media, and spread like wildfire among the anti-gun folks I know.

Intelligent, grown ass adults are taking it at 100% face value.

Worse still, when I explain to them how underhanded these tactics were, most see it as totally justified to accomplish their goals of embarrassing the pro-gun position.
    I wouldn't expect otherwise. "All's fair" and all that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Here's an article on tactics: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...leaders-728975

I note that they also went after other folks.

The GOA and Van Cleave's organization are going to be subject to the inoculation effect. That's when you make a stupid argument on a position, even if you make a later reasonable one - people are inoculated against anything you say.
    That's why they should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Good commentary from Rob Pincus on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Attachment 28138
    Will wonders never cease, I agree with Rob Pincus on something.

He has an excellent point though, because the people most easily duped by something like this are the Larry Pratts and Van Cleaves of this world: attention seeking douchebags who have never contributed anything of value to the gun rights debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

The GOA and Van Cleave's organization are going to be subject to the inoculation effect. That's when you make a stupid argument on a position, even if you make a later reasonable one - people are inoculated against anything you say.
    That's why they should go.
    Agreed. They've made themselves look like fools.

In reality it won't hurt gun rights per se but it kills their personal credibility and hurts the organizations ability to be taken seriously.
    "Oh you're the machine guns hidden in toys guy"? Click.

Saw this little gem on Pincus's facebook post...

vName:  Borat.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  27.0 KB

The good news is that, as bad as this looks, nobody watched it.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/sacha-b...me-1202427802/
    Last edited by VT1032; 07-18-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Site Supporter
    Thus ends the VCDL being an effective VA-based Org at a time when we really need them (state is trending Blue).

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Resignations won't do anything at this point.
    Well, it would get a couple of complete morons out of their current positions of influence.
    Last edited by Mark D; 07-18-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Thus ends the VCDL being an effective VA-based Org at a time when we really need them (state is trending Blue).

Chris
    I doubt it. Van Cleave isn't indispensable. But I strongly disagree with comments above about him contributing nothing of value to gun rights. VCDL has been extremely effective under his leadership. Nobody should question his commitment to gun rights or VCDL's success in defending 2A in Virginia on a paltry budget. Doesn't make his behavior any less egregious but it doesn't erase decades of accomplishments. https://www.vcdl.org/Accomplishments

My .02: they’re burned. There is no way to unscrew things for them at this point; Borat guy absolutely curb stomped them. He won, they lost. Period.

VCDL could probably bounce back if they publically and permanently bounced Van Cleave out of leadership.

GOA has always, IMO, been a bunch of assclowns who have done more to splinter the 2A community than make any significant gains, and frankly I'm curious to see whether or not MAC stretches himself like Mr. Fantastic to defend them now.

User Tag List