Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Catfishing, trolling, propaganda - and firearms SMEs

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I lack sufficient profanity to articulate my disgust with this, and I know a lot of bad words.

Attachment 28231
    Am I the only one who would want to see somebody run that in a match?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Am I the only one who would want to see somebody run that in a match?
    How about a "Head, and Shoulders...not the toes, not the toes" DOTW?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Georgia Politician Fights Terrorism by Mooning Sacha Baron Cohen

The costumed comedian finds that it's not that hard to dupe politicians with irrational fears.

Zuri Davis
    Reason
    July 23, 2018

Footage from the second episode of Sacha Baron Cohen's Showtime series, Who Is America?, shows just how much some officials will do to be perceived as tough on terror.

Cohen, posing as an Israeli anti-terror expert, approached an unsuspecting state Rep. Jason Spencer (R-Woodbine) to take part in an anti-terrorism video.
    Name:  WhoIsAmericaReason.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  58.3 KB
    Cohen convinces him that a way to successfully identify a terrorist under a burqa is to use a camera attached to a selfie stick to peer under her garments. Spencer tries to recreate the lesson while posing as a stereotypical Chinese tourist, which he does by shouting things like "dragon chopstick" and "sushi."

The training escalates when Cohen informed Spencer that a successful tactic to avoid an ISIS kidnapping is to scream the n-word. Spencer gamely screams it repeatedly during a kidnapping simulation. At another point, Cohen tells Spencer that ISIS members are afraid of being perceived as homosexual. Spencer is then persuaded to pull down his pants and run at Cohen his buttocks out while shouting "America!" and "USA!"

complete article at http://reason.com/blog/2018/07/23/ge...ha-baron-cohen
    video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw

One of the readers in the Reason article's comments section posted this observation I find interesting:

John | 7.23.18 @ 11:16AM | #

If you ever watch Borat, it unintentionally shows him to be an asshole and most Americans to be decent people. Nearly every scene consists of some dumfounded American going out of their way to be nice to him as he acts like a bigger and bigger asshole trying to provoke them. Borat ends up being a love letter to the reasonableness and painful politeness of ordinary Americans. I don't think Cohen intended it to be that way.
    Last edited by BCG; 07-23-2018 at 10:58 AM.

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

And that dipwad is a representative from my state...

ETA: Is it possible, just maaaaaaybe, this guy is highlighting morons in positions of power who don’t belong in an effort to help “drain the swamp”? Or at the very least remove incompetent folks from their positions?

Naive hope, I know.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 07-23-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Site Supporter
    Nearly every scene consists of some dumfounded American going out of their way to be nice to him
    Talk about cognitive dissonance. Being nice by running at someone with no pants and yelling America. Not my idea of being nice. Not that there is anything wrong with that recreationally. I've heard folks blaming Cohen.

If your instructor at your tactical class and says to you that the best way to distract an attacker is to take out your tallywacker and wave it - gonna do it to be nice?

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    ETA: Is it possible, just maaaaaaybe, this guy is highlighting morons in positions of power who don’t belong in an effort to help “drain the swamp”? Or at the very least remove incompetent folks from their positions?
    As soon as this guy ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY1mAlFjJTw ) shows up in one of Cohen's video's maybe I'll believe it. Until then, I'll just assume it is another effort by left-leaning Hollywood to use their platform to make conservatives look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Talk about cognitive dissonance. Being nice by running at someone with no pants and yelling America. Not my idea of being nice. Not that there is anything wrong with that recreationally. I've heard folks blaming Cohen.

If your instructor at your tactical class and says to you that the best way to distract an attacker is to take out your tallywacker and wave it - gonna do it to be nice?
    I think that quote was specifically referencing the movie Borat, not this show.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

^^^I read elsewhere, (while reading the news this morning), that the pol was also reported to have used the "N" word. I did not bother reading the article so I cannot comment on it further. I can't believe what a bunch of loser miscreants some of these idiots are. (Okay, maybe I can believe it.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Hey if you want to screw up someone’s OODA loop that might just do the trick. Wear Viking helmet for added effect.

User Tag List